Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Busy week

So with Steve working evenings last week (and some of this week) it was fun *insert sarcasm*. The girls were actually okay, it just took more planning and organizing on my part. Tuesday, at the last minute I decided that I was going to take Piper on a bike ride while I ran, while Presley was in gymnastics. So when I left work at 4, I had to swing by my parents house to pick up some stuff, then I picked up Piper, we ran home and got her bike and helmet and all my running stuff and then we got to Presley's school with 5 minutes to spare before GOTR (Girls on the Run) was over at 5 pm.

The school had their 'art show' this night also. We quickly ran thru (because we had very little time) What a waste of time! We saw these two items and that was it. 

We left there and ran to McD's for dinner, which took FOREVER! Thankfully Presley did her homework while we waited and they had a quick 10 minutes to eat before I had them packed up and finish eating in the car to get to Presley to gymnastics by 6. Then I got changed and Piper and I were on our way for our bike ride/run. She was such a trooper! We did a total of 2 miles, I ran about 1.5 of it and she never complained! Once we were done we still had about 45 minutes before Presley's class was over (6-7:30!). She was content with a snack and her Ipad, so it worked out. 
Wednesday we did almost the same thing....I picked them both up and we headed to Piper's gymnastics class.
Thursday Steve was able to get off fairly early and was home about 7:15, I was able to meet Sarah out for a couple drinks. We were out for almost 4 hours just talking and such, obviously we were due to catch up and gossip! It was really nice, I think we both needed it!

Friday Generation Next had Muffins with Mom for mothers day. Bitter sweet since I know this will be the last year I get to do this since it will be off to kindergarten for this girl. 
We have preschool graduation next week so they are working on their graduation songs, proper etiquette for when they are on stage and have the classroom decorated with their pics. Melts my heart and breaks it at the same time. I don't want her to grow up!
Can you believe this is my baby?


I have a hard time talking about preschool graduation b/c unless it is a severe thunderstorm that night, I will miss it. I will be running a 5K with Presley's final GOTR run. I am heartbroken that I have to miss the graduation. *tear* I keep telling Piper that I'm going to do a rain dance next Thursday so they have to reschedule the run :)

No comments:

Post a Comment