Sunday, March 4, 2018

Week in Review

This has been a very up and down week. Tuesday I was able to take Presley to gymnastics and then drop by my friend Lyndsi's house for a bit! They moved in not that long ago and I was anxious to check it out and chat with her for a while before picking Presley up. Thanks Lyndsi!

Wednesday at work we got the news that they were rearranging teams and our manager was being moved to another area. She has been my manager for almost 5 year and she is so flexible, doesn't like to micromanage and I hate change. We were all a little shocked and very sad. UGH. Thankfully I had a hair appointment that night, something to cheer me up a little bit.

Thursday I had a short day which I was more than happy about. I had my biometrics test that morning for our health insurance. It went really good, the lady said that my numbers are perfect and I need to keep doing what I'm doing! ..... So I went and picked up my lunch at Panera! ha!

We had both girls' conferences that afternoon and both went really well. Piper's teacher is going to move her onto more challenging things and she was a little nervous that she'll be bored in kindergarten next year. I'm not worried, they seem to do a good job of grouping up kids at the same learning levels and such. Her teacher said if there was one negative thing to say about Piper it was that she can tend to be a little bossy. SHOCKING! :)

We had Presley's conference with her teacher after that. She said Presley is so nice and sweet (I wish she was that way at home too) Presley is right on track with all of her learning, needs to keep practicing subtraction (she seems to really like multiplication though) and scored well on her Iowa Assessments! So we are happy!

After that we did dinner out and then I met Sarah out for a couple drinks and some girl talk!

Friday was Coffee with a Cop at Generation Next and Piper was excited. She said she was going to wear her police officer costume but I figured she would chicken out. She didn't.
 So freaking cute!!
Friday night we didn't do much actually....rented Coco to watch and tried to have a slumber party in the basement that didn't work but the movie was good and it was a nice, relaxing night at home.

Saturday we drove to Earlham. They had an get together at their new 'event' center and Steve had entered their mac and cheese contest. Steve won out of the 4 entries and my sister in law Christie tied for 1st in their chili contest! It was fun and we are happy Steve got the win! :)
Then Piper and I dropped Presley off at Climb Iowa for a birthday and ran to Target!
Last night Holly, Jerry and Mary come over for dinner and to hang out, we haven't seen them in a long time so it was night to talk and have the girls play!

Today has been a cleaning, laundry, laid back kind of day. Steve ran to Walmart, I worked out and finished my book, the girls played in P's room for hours and she is now at a friends house in the neighborhood. I'm just glad the sun is actually shining!

No comments:

Post a Comment