Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Weekend Update

I'm slow on updating b/c my blog is blocked from work right now!.....Oh well, eventually I will be able to access it again. Anywho.....I snapped this picture of my baby one night last week at bedtime. So sweet, on top of her bedspread, only under a blanket, cuddled with her stuffed monkey and she had moved a picture of herself onto her nightstand so she could see it. :)
Another day I got a picture of the two of them getting along! Presley helping Piper with her workbook.
Friday night we had Sarah and Kyle over with the kids. We didn't see much of the kids that night b/c they played so well. Little Cohen did a good job of keeping occupied without getting into too much trouble and us adults were able to play a couple games. They were over until 10:45 and all the kids were still going strong! (Cohen might have watched the Trolls Holiday special 4 times to keep him occupied as it got later)
Steve and Kyle headed to The Boathouse and played in a poker game and the girls decided they wanted to fall asleep together which actually worked really well.....they were asleep within minutes! My sleeping beauties!
Saturday we all slept in....I was the first one up at 9! And we did NOTHING all day. It was cold and dreary and we just didn't have anywhere we wanted to or needed to go. Steve did make a brisket for dinner so he kept busy for a bit, I worked out, the girls played and we played Trouble 9 million times.

Finally Sunday we decided to get out of the house! Hallelujah! Our 'diet' went out the window days ago so we had brunch at Mullets. It was busy but worth the wait. This is the cinnamon roll I got! Holy frosting!
After that we headed over to Brenton skating plaza to use some free ice skating passes we had! It wasn't too busy, it wasn't too cold and the girls had fun! Ice skating makes you realize how weak your ankles are!


We were there a little over an hour and it was fun. We will totally go again (if we have free passes! ha!). We took a short walk over the pedestrian bridge since it was nice out and then we headed home.
Presley had a birthday party at Glazed Expressions, so I dropped her off there and then did some Target shopping. Sunday night was the usual routine of getting ready for the week ahead.

Monday Holly picked up the girls from school to go for ice cream and stop at Popcorn Heaven to pick out a bag of popcorn. This was their birthday presents from her.....time and fun instead of toys they don't need! I love this idea and they had a good time!
Once they got home, Presley went outside to play, Steve made dinner and Piper and I worked out. She ended up doing more time on the elliptical than I did! Though she really likes to talk while we work out and that doesn't work for me! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment