Monday, February 19, 2018

Random

- I am not a tech savvy person at all. I just learned how to 'snap chat' about 3 months ago and really don't use it. The kids use it to take funny pictures other than that.....I'm not really using it.
I also just figured out to 'group text', this really was as simple as googling it to change the setting on my phone but it is really pathetic how I don't even try to understand or advance my knowledge. I have an Instagram account that I put about 10 pictures on about 3 yrs ago and I haven't been back on it since. I don't twitter either. I feel like that old woman who is against technology.

- I signed Presley up for Girls on The Run. She wanted to do it last year b/c her teacher was a coach but you have to be in 3rd grade. So I got her signed up and her BFF Leah is signed up for it too. They run twice a week and end up doing a 5k in May......you want to know the problem that I'm really struggling with?? The 5k is the SAME night as Piper's preschool graduation. You know the super cute graduation with caps and gowns and songs and freaking adorableness. I'm so torn up about it, I don't want to miss either! On the plus side, Piper did 'graduate' last year so at least I have those pictures and memories but still......so right now I'm praying for a full-out thunderstorm the night of May 24th so they have to reschedule the 5k, that is the only way I can make this work out for me.

- We were talking about boys and how in high school girls end up thinking that boys are the #1 priority and how they really aren't (or shouldn't be!). Presley insisted that she wasn't ever going to like a boy and wanted to bet on it. I told her I would give her $1000 if she didn't like boys before the age of 20. :)

- Steve and I started the Fast Metabolism Diet again today and there is nothing I want more right now than a glass of wine and a Girl Scout tagalong cookie (currently known as the peanut butter patties). We are going to try for 2 weeks this time and know that we won't be doing it 100%, we will have more success if we know there can be a little flexibility (like when I go to dinner with Lisa and Lyndsi on Thursday night!)

- I bought Piper a kindergarten workbook for Christmas....it was a waste of money. Mainly learning how to write letters and numbers, sequencing, patterns.....she was bored with most of this book and completed the rest of it with no problem. So I bought a 1st grade book, this is exactly what she needs. There are things in it that she can't do...like writing sentences and such but for the most part it is simple math, sequencing, begins with sounds....And she loves it!

- So we have lived here for over 5 years and had been lucky enough to not hit any deer until recently. Of course it was the night after I got my car back from being fixed. At first we didn't think it was that bad, two small cracks in the front grill. Then my turn signal stopped working the next day, getting that fixed is not an easy/cheap feat in these cars now so we hadn't done it yet. Steve washed the car Saturday and we ended up with water in the headlight. The headlight part of this car is close to $1000. It SUCKS! So I get to call the insurance company tomorrow and figure that fun out!

No comments:

Post a Comment