Monday, February 19, 2018

Lazy

Man this 3 day weekend was really lazy, I just can't deal with the cold weather. Saturday Steve headed to his uncles funeral in Creston. We were all supposed to go but with Presley being sick we didn't know how she was going to be Saturday morning so we decided to not push our luck and the girls and I would just stay home.
I did 6 loads of laundry, mostly all of our bedding....the girls played which was nice since Presley was finally feeling better (attitude was completely back!) and I cleaned, I took wet wipes to a lot of our white trim and kitchen cabinets, I cleaned our the refrigerator out, emptied all the trash cans, we played Trouble a couple times, the girls worked in their math workbooks....it was an overall good day home.
Steve got home and we did a quick dinner out, mainly just to get out of the house for an hour.

Sunday I just didn't want to move. I did a lot of laying on the couch, occasionally going to the floor to play Trouble with the girls, I read my book, they did their workbooks again. Steve got up and went to Whole Foods, Target, Hy-vee and grabbed lunch at Wendy's and the 3 of us girls hadn't really moved that whole time. I did eventually find some energy and worked out and showered! HA!
We did go over the Wendy and Jason's that night for a small get together, so we got out of the house for a bit and the kids played so good!

I actually had today as a holiday this year, one of the new holidays my company gave us this year. I kept both girls home with me. It was so rainy and dreary and cold that I didn't want to do anything. I knew the girls were probably getting stir crazy but they actually did pretty good. We watched movies, did their workbooks again, I worked out and they played and now here we are getting ready for the week ahead. Next weekend we might have to plan something to get out of this house!

I think Presley is more than ready to get back to school, since she hasn't been since last Monday. Yikes! I'm sure we'll be getting the letter home from school saying that she has missed too many days this year. Oh well! 

No comments:

Post a Comment