Monday, February 5, 2018

Birthday week

This is always a busy week for me and the family with 3 of our birthdays within 5 days of each other. Tuesday Presley had gymnastics and we still hadn't heard about what they wanted to do with Piper since they messed up her class scheduling. But they decided to move her up into the big gym, where you are supposed to be 6 yrs old....so naturally we knew she would be the smallest person in her class. And when Steve took her Wednesday night, she was! But he said that she did really well! I think she is going to really like this class and learn a lot! 
 
I was able to do dinner with my friend Colleen on Wednesday! We have a tradition of going to Rock Bottom for dinner a couple times a year and now they are closing the restaurant for good, so we needed to have one last hurrah there!

Then Thursday night we met my family out at Gilroy's for my mom's, mine and Presley's family birthday dinner. After dinner, we headed back to my parents house for cake and presents! It was a quick family gathering but it was nice since we hadn't really seen everyone since Christmas....which is kind of long for us!

We did leave the girls there to spend the night so that we could go to the High Life for their Groundhog's day celebration at 6 the next morning! :)

And we did get up way too early. I woke up at 3:45 and never fell back asleep and Amy was dropped off at my house at 5! Then we picked up Sarah on our way out of the neighborhood and headed downtown....we were there at 5:30 and there was a line, a long line! Needless to say, it was cold during our wait outside and we didn't get a table inside once the doors opened but it all worked out!



 


We left High Life about 12:30 and walked over to Fuzzy's Tacos for some lunch.
That afternoon I did nothing! I went home and took a nap, woke up for a bit when the kids got home and basically just laid around all evening and night! Happy Birthday to me! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment