Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Presley Grace

Saturday morning I got up and got busy! Our house was a mess since I really hadn't been home (and awake) for 3 nights. We cleaned, organized, picked up her birthday cake and got ready for her birthday party at noon! And she was actually helpful in doing all of this too, I think she was a bit excited. She just wanted to have some friends over to the house and have a 'game party'. Makes it easier and cheaper for us!
These girls played so well for the first 45 minutes that we didn't really see them! We had a couple games we were going to play...Pin the horn on the unicorn, totally worth the $12 I spent on it!


And the saran wrap game...filled with little toys, some $2 bills and some candy. This was fun and took them a while to do!


We did pizza and cake and ice cream,
Since she wanted a 'game' party, her cake looked similar to the game Twister!
She still does not love it when we sing happy birthday to her, she tried really hard NOT to smile!
And we got a group picture before opening presents!
Boston wasn't really sure he wanted to be with the 'girls' at this party, eventually he is going to stop coming and we can't blame him!

After the party was over Piper and I headed to Fox Brewery for a going away party for our family friend Andrea. She is going to New Zealand to study for 6 months!!! I don't know how Susie is coping with this! Having your baby gone for 6 months and in New Zealand?! UGH. But Andrea is amazing and always kicks ass and enjoys every adventure to the fullest so I know she will have the time of her life (and maybe learn something too! :)
 
My dad built a pyramid out of the candy on the table, Piper wanted her picture with it of course.
We left there and met Steve, Presley and cousin Ava at Applebee's (Presley's choice for her birthday dinner). Cousin Ava had to miss Presley's party b/c of basketball but she joined us afterwards to spend the night! These two play so well and there are so many laughs and giggles when they are together!
I accidentally said something about Presley's birthday and the waitress heard it....they came out singing with ice cream! I didn't know they did that at Applebee's and Presley was SO embarrassed about it! OOPS! Oh well, she survived! ;) (we are pretty sure this is why she didn't choose Texas Roadhouse for her dinner, b/c she didn't want to sit in the saddle and such!)
We got back home and these girls just played and played and played!

And then decided to roll over their shirts to look like bikini tops (you know, like us girls did when we were younger?!) then tried to play volleyball with a balloon.

They finally calmed down after 10 pm. Christie came to pick up Ava about 11:30 and then we didn't do much that afternoon but clean up and get ready for the Super Bowl. Presley and I spent some time laying in our bed, her on the ipad and me getting caught up on a couple DVR'd shows, it was nice just to lay and cuddle with my 9 year old!

About 4:30 our neighbors from down the street came over to watch the Super Bowl, they have 3 little girls and they all play really well together so it was nice!
The decided to use the gymnastics mat as a sled and slid down the stairs over and over again! They loved it and no one got hurt!
 Bellamy sat on my lap for bit, see how happy she is about it?! :)

Going to work Monday was a complete drag. I hate my job right now. Hate it. Some of it stems from the fact that we are still learning this new job.  So I don't know what I'm doing, there is minimal work, minimal flexibility and for the first time in 14 years I got denied a PTO day b/c there was already ONE other person who had it off?! Did I mention that there is minimal work for us to do?! It really sucks. I'm hoping I can either find a new job or that this one gets better in the next couple months.

No comments:

Post a Comment