Saturday, March 24, 2018

Busy

This week was just busy, I feel like I was hardly at home....and really, I was hardly at home. Monday after work we met Steve's sister and bro-in-law Mike at Chili's for dinner. They then took our car home with them so that Mike could fix it (from when I hit the deer). We got home about 8 and proceeded with our bedtime routine...I was exhausted from our weekend in Chicago so I was asleep by 9:45.
Tuesday I picked up Presley from her first Girls on The Run practice, it's from 3:45-5 pm right after school. I love this activity already, it is about running but in the end they talk about many other things before running. It's about girls. About being strong, nice, respectful girls. I think this will be so good for her (or at least I hope so).
She has gymnastics on Tuesdays at 6....so Tuesdays are busy for her over the next 8 weeks. We got a quick bite to eat before class and then went on our way. Class is from 6-7:30 so we got home a little before 8 and did the bedtime routine once again....and once again I was asleep before 10.

Wednesday was a little less busy and we only had Piper's gymnastics so her and I were home about 6:30. We ate dinner and then I RAN on the treadmill...... little did I know that she needs an adult running buddy for her 5k run in May...so guess who the lucky winner of that duty is? Me!

Thursday I picked Presley up from Girls on the Run at 5, came home real quick and Sarah picked me up at 6 for our wine making night! This is the 3rd time I've made wine at Vines to Wine and I love it. Eric is super knowledgeable and with a dry sense of humor it's a good half hour of wine making. After that we went to dinner at Aposto (the old CafĂ© di Scala) http://www.apostodm.com/ They have no corking fee on Thursdays so we drank 2 of the bottles that we had bought from Eric. The menu was a little fancy and scary....but it was SO good! I would totally go again!
Sarah, Me and Gabby
After we left there Sarah wanted to stop by our friend Jamie and Mike's house. I am sure they were ready for bed about the time we showed up but if you know Sarah, she doesn't care! HA! We got there about 10 pm and didn't leave until almost midnight! Sorry Jamie and Mike!

This night was when we first heard about Kevin and Amy Sharp missing in Mexico. So scary, I don't think Steve slept very well after hearing this.
Friday, that is all we talked about. I couldn't concentrate at work. I was thankful it made the news, that people were sharing it on FB and people were talking and getting the word out....and then we heard that they had found them. Unfortunately they were found dead in the condo they had rented. I cannot imagine. It's hard for me to really think about. At this time we still don't know HOW but that supposedly there was no sign of foul play. Breaks my heart. It really makes you realize that our time here is limited, enjoy every day and be thankful for every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment