Friday, October 6, 2017

Depressing

Seriously the most depressing week of 2017 and I'm ready for it to be over.
I hate to wish away time.
And I love weekends, but at this point, this week and weekend need to be over.
I need a fresh start.
A positive outlook.
Something to get me motivated, happy, energetic.

After Vegas, a sick kid and the Johnston threats we found out that a friend of ours passed away on Monday! We have no details. Dean was awesome, he was so nice and cool and laid back. We met Julie and Dean in Cancun in January. One of those small world things that I'm sure I have talked about. We have seen them many times in the last 7 months....at Jasper Winery in June, Okoboji in July and they were at our house in August.......and now he is gone. 43 years old. How does that happen? I don't understand. His wife, Julie, who we just saw on Saturday....his daughter Kira....how do they just move on and live? I don't know and we are really struggling with this. This is hard.

Too many things have happened unexpectantly like this for so many people we know this year. I can't take it. This is one of the reasons we took the kids to Cancun with us last year, life is too short and you never know what could happen.

I don't want to waste time and money on toys that they don't need. I would rather spend it on traveling and memories for all of us! We might just have to go again, in memory of Dean.

No comments:

Post a Comment