Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Can't deal.

So Sunday morning we picked the girls up at my parents house. Piper wasn't feeling good :( We thought maybe she just stayed up too late and played too hard but she did have a fever and was just lazy and tired and really didn't do much all day. Steve went golfing and the girls and I hung out around the house.
We went to Presley's volleyball practice which I debated since Piper wasn't 100% but we survived.

Sunday's are our night for early dinners, early baths and early bedtimes for all of us. Piper slept like crap b/c of her fever. Any time she is 'sick' she tosses and turns, moans and groans, talks and cries and in turn, we don't sleep well either. I woke up about 2:30 to the news of the Vegas shootings. So I was up watching that unfold forever. Steve got up and took Presley to school and my plan was to stay home with Piper in the morning and then take her to my mom's that afternoon so that I could attend my training for work. Well then she threw up. So I knew she couldn't go to mom's since baby Jordan is there also. So I stayed home. It was a pretty lazy day for both of us. I tried to avoid a lot of the Vegas news b/c it was just too depressing and I was just seeing the same new footage over and over again. So I watched some mindless Keeping Up with the Kardashians! (don't judge)

I was so excited to a full night sleep last night. I went to bed early, asleep by 10 pm. I woke up to Piper moaning and crying (in her sleep) and saw that I had 6 missed text messages. My mom and my neighbors letting us know that Johnston schools were cancelled Tuesday due to threats that students and parents were getting. The texts were disturbing and I won't waste my space putting their content on my blog, they don't deserve it. So of course, I was up for almost 2 hours thinking about that and watching whatever was on TV (yes, we sleep with the TV on all night). So our plan was for Steve to run to work real quick, real early and then I would head to work. We decided to keep Piper home also, it just made me feel better.

So now I sit and ponder, worry, wonder......how I send my child to school tomorrow? From the sounds of it, this is a recent cyber issue that many towns have had over the last couple months. There doesn't appear to be any real threat but you never know. I basically told Presley that someone was making threats to the school so she didn't have school b/c they were making sure everyone was safe. She just commented that they were supposed to have a substitute today! HA! She had no questions and didn't really seem to understand, as I'm sure many of these kids are the same way.

There is school tomorrow.....running 2 hours late so they can address security and do sweeps of schools just to double check the safety of the area. My thoughts, my rational brain, knows that tomorrow will probably be the safest day that she has attended school so far....but how do we take that chance? I don't know.

How can we make sure our children our safe? What is wrong with this world?
Social media is the devil.
Social media is out of control.
Everyone is so tough, everyone is always right.
I have given up reading comments on any articles b/c I just can't handle the mean people!
People are just mean!
I just feel that we almost need to ignore these people, don't give them the glory and attention they are so desperately wanting but social media is like wild fire! You can't stop it!

When people say they can't image things until it happens to them....it is 100% true. Or if people say they know how you feel.....I doubt it.
You think you know what you would do, how you would feel, what decision you would make.
You don't.
You don't know until it happens to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment