Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Our trip

First and foremost I want to apologize for the amount of pictures that will be posted in the upcoming blog posts. I took 720 pictures, narrowed it down to 640 and was successful in only putting 20 on Facebook!

So before I start any posting about our trip let me give you a little preface as to why we decided to take the kids with us.
We love traveling and the kids are now feeling left out when they don't get to go, we talked about it back in August after a fairly successful vacation to Okoboji and Oregon and then put it off mainly b/c their attitudes sucked after that.

Then in October we mentioned it again. Then our friend who has been battling brain cancer wasn't doing very well. At that time we didn't really know how bad it was but I decided at that point that life is too short. We can't just think about doing it, we just have to DO IT! You never know where life might lead us in the next year, five years.....you just NEVER know! So we took the money from savings and booked it! We were nervous about how they would do, if we would still have fun, would it be a waste of money.....but we weren't going to find out if we didn't try and make these memories with them.

While we were in the airport last Wednesday morning I checked Facebook and there I read that our friend Lane has passed away the night before. My heart stopped. We knew it was going to happen, we didn't know when and I just don't know how his wife Rachel and kids are coping. I CANNOT imagine.
I couldn't believe it......the reason we finally broke down and booked the trip was because of Lane and the morning we left for our vacation we found out about his passing. It gave me goosebumps and brought tears to my eyes.

RIP Lane. Our thoughts and prayers are with the whole family!

No comments:

Post a Comment