Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Another weekend come and gone.....

Thursday last week we were invited to go to a neighbors house for a small neighborhood holiday gathering. We have met these neighbors thru a couple other neighbors but had never been to their house. It was good, the kids played AMAZINGLY with everyone and it was fun. I think we'll definitely be hanging out with them again!
I had Friday off of work since Presley didn't have KTC that day. I was going to keep Piper home with me too but she wanted to go to daycare for their Noon Years Eve celebration.....which turns out she didn't enjoy.

After that fun, we got lunch at Dairy Queen (b/c why not?) and then headed home. We did very little after that...the girls played, colored, fought and I did a lot of sitting and reading!
We did venture out that night for dinner out but then stayed in the rest of the night and had movie night, watching Storks and eating popcorn! (I thought Storks was a pretty cute movie but it never seemed to get much hype!)

Saturday morning I woke up not feeling very good. After a couple times of sitting on my bathroom floor and breathing deeply to stop myself from throwing up, I finally gave in to the sickness. So our New Years Eve party with the neighbors was cancelled. I was so bummed b/c we hadn't seen many of them in weeks and was looking forward to getting all the kids together!!! I laid in bed all day doing nothing, I couldn't sleep b/c the kids were loud and even when they weren't loud, I wasn't comfortable and just couldn't sleep. I didn't read at ALL! This was VERY hard for me! 12 hours to myself and I didn't open my kindle once?! TORTURE! I half watched/half listened to 5 different movies and finally about 5 that night was able to eat some toast and apple slices.

Steve was able to take the girls to the hotel my sister Sam had got that night with some friends, so they were able to go swimming with Boston for a while and then they headed down to a neighbors for a while and then had a slumber party in the basement! About 10 pm, I was dying for an apple juice....like I NEEDED an apple juice. Not orange juice, not Gatorade, not water. I thought maybe, just maybe Steve bought apple juice boxes, which he never does......and he did! It was the most amazing juice box I have ever devoured....and yes, devoured is what I did....in 10 second flat that sucker was gone! So good!

We all slept in Sunday morning and then hung out. The Iowa basketball game was on that afternoon so we went to Sarah and Kyle's to hang out and watch the game. I felt better, was starving and weak, but 95% normal! :)
Piper loves baby Cohen!
We left their house a little before 5 and went home and got some stuff done. The Packers played that night! I just didn't feel like going anywhere even though my whole family was at my mom's watching the game together. We watched most of it and then Presley and I had a slumber party in the basement that night and I slept like absolute shit. I was up from 4-6 am, then finally fell back asleep and didn't wake up until after 9. Thank goodness!
We were supposed to go to Sarah and Kyle's for the Iowa football bowl game but then Sarah was sick! OOPS! Hopefully I didn't get her sick! So once again we just hung out at home and did nothing. The girls played so good, colored a million pictures, Steve made shrimp mac-n-cheese and I did laundry and read my book. It was a very chill day (weekend!).

I did have to get dressed and make myself presentable to take Piper to gymnastics, it was kind of nice that she was one of two girls in the class! Gives them time to do so much more!
Our little monkey!

Another holiday weekend in the books and another busy week/weekend ahead. Mexico is just a week away! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment