Thursday, December 8, 2016

How did I do in 2016?

2016 Goals - I know 2016 is technically not OVER yet but if I haven't done something on this list yet, the chances are, I'm not going to get it done in the next 3 weeks!
1. Be able to run a 5k (this is the 3rd year in a row this has been on my list) No comment.

2. Open Piper a savings account (this is the 2nd year on my list). Got this done in April!

 3. Have Presley take swimming lessons until she can swim! This girl has been a trooper this year, I think she has taken 5 different sessions of swim lessons this year and now I think it's safe to say that she could at least save herself, which she definitely couldn't do last year!

4. Organize our storage room, take things to Goodwill or have a garage sale. The stuff must go! Well we did get rid of a lot of baby stuff this year, but I can't really say that our storage room is anywhere close to being organized! So I'll try again in 2017.

5. Give to others...whether it be giving baby clothes to a friend, donating stuff to a charity, sending a gift card randomly to someone who might need it, giving $ to a homeless person....anything, just to give back a little...plus I think it is good for my kids to see us doing these things also. I don't think there is every enough 'giving' that we can do, so it's hard for me to cross this off as if I have completed it. But I/we did some good things this year to help others, donate to others so I have to give us credit for that. I still think I'll add this to 2017 also.

 6. Get another car. Our Equinox is in needed of serious repairs. It was parked in the street for 4 months and now it is parked in our driveway. You have to jump it to get it started due to some electrical problem, the air doesn't work....but it's paid off which is why I don't want to get rid of it BUT I think I just need to give in. I think Steve got his Jeep in February! He was able to get a monthly payment that I could deal with and we loved driving around with the top down when it was nice outside! So at least we are getting our monies worth! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment