Sunday, September 28, 2014

Random

- I got a red light traffic ticket. I've had one speeding ticket in my life and now this. I knew the minute I saw the Polk County Traffic Unit envelope in the mail that it was for me. Oh well, lesson learned.

- Piper has had 4 incident reports at Generation in the last 6 weeks. All b/c of her own clumsiness! Running and falling, tripping...I have a feeling there will be many more of these with this girl!

- Generation had started putting Piper on the potty in the hopes of starting potty training. She isn't 2 yet, I'm in NO hurry to start this but if they are willing to go for it I completely support them......And so far, she has never gone on the potty! HA! They literally have put her on there up to 6 times a day and never one has she gone for them. Just a sign that she is not ready. I am just not looking forward to having two girls that have to go to the bathroom in EVERY public place we go to.

- Presley's teacher sends out emails at the end of every week with an update on what they did that week and what they will be working towards the next week. It's always odd to me the things that are in the email, like that she said 'most kids have learned to recognize their names, others are still learning.' And 'next week we will start to write our numbers'.....really? These are things Presley has been doing, these are things that all the kids at Generation have already learned! But then I do realize that they have to start at the beginning. This is kindergarten, they have to figure out what kids know and don't know. They can't skip learning how to write numbers!.....you literally have to start at the very beginning (a very good place to start!)

- My job is slow. We have enough work to get thru the day, but the 'slow' season is in the upcoming months, just makes me worry! I know next year there are going to be changes with my department, I just have to hope that they don't shut down our site. So while Steve thinks we are saving to build his dream shed, I'm thinking we are saving in case there are some job changes for me in the next year. UGH!

No comments:

Post a Comment