Thursday, September 11, 2014

I surrender.

It's funny how the minute I feel like my children are out of control I read this blog..... http://taylor-hawks.blogspot.com/ from my friend Janelle and I think "Thank God I'm not the only one that feels overwhelmed!"
Though unlike Janelle, I go to work to unwind these days. It's quiet, we aren't that busy, I can sit in my cubicle and not hear whining, crying and screaming! And unlike Janelle most nights both Steve and I are home so we aren't alone in the chaos.

I'm beginning to think there is something in the air at our house b/c we walk in the door and two little devils emerge in my beautiful children (I'm obviously not one to sugar coat things). Piper and I got home about 5:30. From 5:30-7 I bet she cried for at least an hour, mostly hanging on the fridge whining about something, then screaming b/c we won't let her color on the table or countertops, then crying b/c she can't have fruit snacks......right after she already had dinner and fruit snacks. So we tried to put her to bed early, thinking maybe she was tired since she only gets a 2 hour nap at daycare and is up from that at 2:30 every day. So about 7:15 we tried to lay her down.......it was 9 before she was asleep. We layed with her in our bed, put her in the crib.....screaming, crying, I don't know but I'm SO tired of this terrible bedtime routine. I give up! I'm waving the white flag and surrendering to the chaos. Where can I get good meds?

Presley was actually pretty good tonight, but she is usually another factor in the madness. "Piper do you want a popsicle?" Five minutes before dinner. No! We have been putting Piper in her room for 'time outs' (we can no longer put her in the crib b/c she has fallen out twice in the last 2 weeks), and Presley will tap on the door and tease her! Really???

Even at daycare Piper has been 'acting' shy at dropoff and cries when I leave. After one month of being there she has had an incident report b/c she fell on the playground and scraped her knee (not surprising since she runs everywhere!), last week they said that she didn't listen well, yesterday they said she had 'selective hearing' and today her daily sheet said she kept getting mad at them every time they zipped up her coat! I can already tell she is NOT going to be the perfect student that Presley has been so far! HA!

However, they do says that she reads all the time. Her daily sheet said 'she was on a reading rampage!" and her main teacher Heather seems impressed by how much she talks! Which is weird since she was a late talker, at least we thought she was?!

I'm hoping Piper's attitude is b/c of the cold she has and will disappear quickly!  I think Steve has realized that my patience is limited these days. He (and Presley) bought me Junior Mints and flowers at the store the other day and then P made me a card that said I love you on it! So sweet and totally unexpected! He never does that!

Thank you Stephen!

No comments:

Post a Comment