Sunday, September 14, 2014

Little of this and that

So Wednesday me, Holly, mom and Presley went with Sam to do some wedding dress shopping. This was NOT the winner even though she looked great in it! And no, I cannot post the winner but she did find one and she looks amazing in it!
So kindergarten comes with a whole new set of rules and behavior expectations. We got this in her backpack on Thursday! I was very proud of her (b/c this is something we see so little of at home!)
They also earn 'punches'. They start each day with 4 sticks and for every stick they have left at the end of the day they get a 'punch'. Once they get 20, they get a reward of some sort. They can earn extra punches by being extra good or helpful...and I would say that at least twice a week she ends up with 5 punches! I was shocked to hear that she only got 3 punches on Thursday, I thought for sure she would NEVER have one taken away! :) But she got it for talking to some other kids in the 'center' next to her....I was happy that she was talking! :)
Miss Presley LOVES art, she loves coloring, drawing, sidewalk chalk, scissors, glue, anything artsy.....and I am not creative at all! This was one of her drawings yesterday, I think it's pretty good for 5 1/2 years old!
Yesterday Holly, Sam and I went to a baby shower for our friend April. We haven't seen her since Holly's wedding in April! The shower was alot of fun and her friend Heather is quite the planner and hostess! There was alcohol at a baby shower, can't get much better than that, right?? HA!
I did bring home two cookies for the girls. Shaggy, dirty Piper loved it!
I'm not sure they can get any closer to the computer!
We decided it was about time to get the firepit out! So once Piper went to bed, (she misses out on all the fun these days!) we enjoyed the awesome fall night next to the firepit that hasn't been used in close to 3 years! Two of our neighbors came over to hang out, talk and have some beers. It was nice, Presley went to bed about 9:30 and Steve and I were up until 12:30! Crazy us, huh? (Thank you girls for sleeping until 8:30 this morning!)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment