Monday, September 8, 2014

KC

Last year we got the chance to join the neighborhood and other friends to take a limo bus down to Kansas City for a Chiefs game and luckily were invited this year again too! Since the bus leaves at 5 am, we took the kids to mom and dad's on Saturday night about 7 so they could just sleep there for the night. Steve and I took some time and enjoyed the nice night without them!
We got down there about 9 for some tailgating!
The crew!
We made the effort to be fans for a day. Our shirts have now been worn twice...now back in the closet until next year!
We didn't go to the actual game last year, but thought we should go this year. We bought the extra tickets the neighbors Jim and Sandy had, so we sat by them. The weather was so perfect!
KC did not play that good, Steve and I might have been the only people who really didn't care.
The fans were dedicated. I told Steve that I just couldn't buy into the fact that there were actually this many Chiefs fans! HA!
The drive home was long, but it was alot of fun! So many laughs and good times! We met some new friends, Steve and Thoa (said Twa) basically spent all day making fun of each other. Steve couldn't remember his name and started calling him Meow. So we called him Meow Meow all day long. He called me Brittany and then later started calling me Ashley, so it was our ongoing joke.
We got home about 8:30 (very long day) and my mom had the kids at our house, so we could just put them to bed om their own beds!
They got to go to the zoo! Lucky kids!
 
I actually had today off from work! Figured I would be tired and it gave me a chance to get some things done around the house that really needed to get done! I switched out Pipers clothes, got rid of all the 18 month stuff and brought out more 2T stuff, vaccumed, dusted, cleaned floors, dusted blinds, did 5 loads of laundry, picked up the basement and got caught up on a couple Dr. Phil episodes!

No comments:

Post a Comment