Thursday, November 21, 2013

Thankful

I don't like the whole November Thanksgiving posts on FB. It's the same people, same things, different year. Yes, I understand people are thankful and want to express themselves, we all get it. Day after day, we get it. Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful for all those things too....family, husband, kids....that 'great cup of coffee', friends who understand me...blah, blah, BLAH! (I'm a bitch and I know it!)

However, I wanted to take this Thanksgiving season and thank one person. One person gets all 30 days of thankfulness for me. My mother.
There is no possible way I can ever thank her enough for anything and everything she had done for us, especially when it comes to my children. I hope no one out there thinks I take advantage of my mothers kindness b/c I truly try NOT to.
My mommy has always hoped to do daycare for her grandchildren. This was always the plan for her and us and I don't think I could've ever realized how lucky we were/are! And probably still don't realize how lucky we have been!  Most of my friends don't even have parents who live in the same city as them and we are within 15 miles!
I don't think my mom realized how much work it would be to be daycare and grandma b/c she tries to separate the two which I think takes a toll on her. It's a lot of work and let's face it, she isn't getting any younger! (TOTALLY KIDDING MOM!!!!)
She has volunteered to watch the grandkids overnight one night a month, however we rarely do this. The last time she watched them overnight was in September when we went to the KC football game. And we are lucky enough that she is watching them when we go to Mexico. And I asked her if it was okay before I booked the trip, I didn't want to just assume that she would do it! :)
And she will say no! I think it takes a lot to say no to us (even though I always preface my request with 'you can say no!'). I think she has to hit her limit of 'kid' time but she will say no to us!

So thank you mom for always being there for us and mostly for Presley and Piper!  We are incredibly lucky to have you in our lives and to be such a close family. There is no way I can ever thank you enough (though I'm assuming you would accept a bonus? baked goods? random days off?)

Thank you!!!!!!!! (notice there are 8 exclamation points just for you momma!)

No comments:

Post a Comment