Monday, September 16, 2013

Weekend o'fun

Friday night we did nothing except get ready for our busy weekend. We had my 16 year high school reunion on Saturday afternoon. (yes, 16 year b/c no one planned a 15 year!) They had a family get together at a hotel banquet room which was nice! We got to see lots of people and all their kids! It's funny b/c Steve knows quite a few people I graduated with from before he ever met me! April (who did daycare for us) was there with her girls and P was so excited to see them! They kept her occupied so we just had to worry about chasing Piper around.
It's actually kind of sad that we had a class of about 225 and not even close to half of the people showed up. I didn't go to my 5 or 10 reunion, but now with Facebook I almost feel that I know these people better now than I ever did before. Even a lot of people who still live in DSM didn't come. Steve doesn't understand at all since he is still friends with most people he went to high school with. I really only talk to two people I graduated with Colleen and April. But it was still good to see the people who showed up even if we had never been close friends.
 
My mom had agreed to watch the girls overnight for us which worked out perfectly b/c it was the IA/IA State game and we attended the adult only reunion at Saints. It was good! More people came out for this part of the reunion and again, it was just good to see everyone! I am glad that we went!
Sunday we had the chance to join some people in our neighborhood to a road trip to a Kansas City Chiefs game and since my mom was already watching the girls, it kind of worked out perfectly! We got a pimp mobile! A $500k bus/motorhome that we rented for the day. It was awesome, it had everything you could ever want! Four TV's indoors with satellite, bathroom, sink, microwave, fridges, plenty of seating plus the owners wife buys décor for the bus for the occasion. So the bus was decked out with KC pillows and such when we got on!  Outdoors had an awning, an outdoor TV plus a great speaker system and a grill. It really was perfect for tailgating. Hopefully they decide to do this every year!
The whole gang, including friends who met us down there!
We didn't have tickets to the actual game, we tried to scalp some but the prices were just not worth it since neither one of us really liked either team playing. We stayed and watched the game, made friends with some people next to us and the 'bouncer' was nice enough to flip to the Green Bay game for me during the commercials! Yes, I said 'bouncer' b/c the driver has an assistant who helped us, made sure we had everything we needed, he even acted as our 'security'! Anthony even saw me walk over to use the portapotty at one point and he followed me to make sure I was safe since I had gone by myself!
Steve's high school friend Eric lives in KC and had tickets to the game, so they came over to say hi!
Steve's cousin Josh, who lives in KC came to tailgate with us too.
It was a great day to hang out with friends and get to know some of our neighbors a little more! We got back right about 9 pm and I think everyone was exhausted! My mom had the girls in bed for us when we got home and they both slept until 8 am! We took Presley to preschool a little late and then the 3 of us just hung out and took naps!

No comments:

Post a Comment