Monday, September 2, 2013

Labor Day weekend

I didn't leave the house Sunday (well besides a walk with Piper). Steve took P to Menards to get stuff to make his cabinets in the basement and Piper and I hung out. That afternoon she took her nap, Steve and his brother Matt built cabinets and I tried to get P to have some quiet time....that lasted about 20 minutes. The weather was finally bearable to enjoy outside so I did some reading while P played around with her Barbies. We watered the yard, played preschool, played party, colored, she did my hair. It was a good afternoon!
And now that I think about it, I did leave the house! We went to Chili's for dinner! We don't go out to dinner nearly as much as we used to, mainly b/c it is a pain in the ass with 2 kids and I kind of don't like spending the money on it anymore!
 But we got home put the kids to bed and then our neighbor Todd came over with a couple bottles of wine and we were able to enjoy our deck and the WONDERFUL night! You could see the stars and it was actually chilly but we enjoyed it! 
 
This morning Piper took Presley 'down to the ground' as we say in our house! Presley needs to learn to leave Piper alone b/c pretty soon she is going to start fighting back! Piper is like a drug, she can't leave her alone. I think a part of it she tries to be 'motherly' the other part...she is just bossy and has to be in control!
We had decided that Todd was going to come over and grill his steak and we would grill some salmon and chicken wings. I had some errands to run (since I hadn't done anything all weekend long!) so P and I went to Target, then Barnes and Noble and then Hy-Vee. Guess who didn't have chicken wings....guess which TWO Hy-Vee's didn't have chicken wings! Goodness! We were traveling all over the f'ing city looking for freaking wings! We finally ended up going to Wal-Mart for our last effort in finding wings and we did it!  and I want to give Presley props for being SO good! She listened for the most part, she was funny and cute in her ballerina outfit, she was good and I felt bad for dragging her all over trying to find dumb wings!
 
Todd, Holly and Jerry were able to come over for an early dinner and enjoy some of our Labor Day food! It was so good, we are so full and the company was great! I finally feel like we actually did something worthwhile over this long weekend! And of course, the house is a mess and laundry isn't done and I love it!
Hope you all had a nice, enjoyable, relaxing Labor Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment