Saturday, September 28, 2013

So many things to do, so little time.....

So Monday was my 10-7 shift at work for the month of September, which worked to my advantage since P had a dentist apt at 8:45. A year ago we tried the dentist and it was terrible. She wouldn't open her mouth and I couldn't bring myself to holding her down and forcing her mouth open.
We tried a new dentist, still a pediatric dentist but this one was much cooler and so fun! I think I want to go there! Presley still wasn't convinced. We still had to hold her down and basically force the teeth cleaning on her while she cried. It sucked, but I'm hoping in 6 months she won't be as scared since she'll kind of know what to expect.

Wednesday we picked up the kids and headed to the mall to try to figure out what the girls were going to wear for pictures on Saturday. We had some outfits but nothing fit quite right and Presley of course, refused to wear what we wanted. So we literally bought a little of everything in hopes that something would work.

Thursday I had my monthly work outing at El Bait Shop, which was fun since Holly and Jerry were there with some of their work people too! I was still home at a reasonable time and lucky enough that both kids were in bed!

Friday us girls went wedding dress shopping with Holly. I took Presley with me and she was very good. She was patient and good while Holly tried on dresses! Holly looked beautiful in the dresses, she is so tall and skinny that everything looked good but we found two dresses that stood out. We'll see if she decides to go back and decide on one! Then the 7 of us girls went to dinner at Monterrey, yummy cheese dip and margaritas! Presley was again good, I was prepared with snacks and colors to keep her occupied and she did great. Then she fell asleep on the way home! Yeah!
Once I got home, we still didn't have outfits for the girls for pictures the next morning! Stresses me out! Steve went to Target at 9:30 pm and then went to Walmart, in hopes of something....anything. He bought some more options. We spent $200 on clothes, none of which we thought would work!!!

Piper had a rough night but it worked out since she ended up sleeping until almost 8 and you know what? It was raining, it was almost a relief that we could cancel our pictures! Isn't that sad! So we all got ready, headed to the mall and returned 90% of the stuff we had bought! LOL! We then headed to another mall and still left with no clothes.
Piper took a nap, Presley played and Steve watched the Iowa game while I ran to the grocery store. Then Steve left to go watch his nephew fight (yes, fight....like MMA style fighting) and the girls and I hung out. It's so nice that they will actually 'play' together now. We had dinner, played, walked to the mailbox and both girls were asleep by 8:30!

Now I'm taking this time to do laundry, dishes, blog, pick up, and organize...at least a little bit....so that we don't have to do it all tomorrow since the weather is supposed to be great and the Packers don't play so hopefully we can spend some time outside! Goodnight all!

No comments:

Post a Comment