Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Sunday Funday

Sunday was not a fun day. I woke up with Piper at 6:30 with a slight headache, damn beer. About 8, she was ready for a morning snooze. She fell asleep on the couch and I was just about asleep when I heard 'mommy! mommy!' from Presley's room. Damn it! Steve got up about 9:30 and I decided I would try to lay down for a quick nap....I tried for an hour and maybe got 1/2 hour of sleep.
Oh well, headache continued. Presley and I got ready and headed to Target and the mall, I had wanted a girls day for shopping but really the weather was too nice to stay inside so we cut our mall trip short, headed to the grocery store and headed home! Presley did a good job of playing outside with the neighbor kids and we just tried to enjoy the rest of the afternoon.
 
Steve decided he was going to make the girls a picnic table from the left over wood from the deck. It turned out pretty darn cute!
Photo: A little afternoon project. Picnic table for the kids.
We were SO tired Sunday night! I'm pretty sure I was asleep by 9:30 (wish it would've been sooner but it's not always smart to fall asleep before the kids in the house)!
 
I took the girls to gymnastics tonight. There was a new teacher, so I was concerned that Presley might not participate, but she did great. Piper on the other hand was tired! She cried almost the whole time, which she never does but she just wanted to sleep and couldn't sprawl out so it wasn't happening.
While we were gone Steve worked on his next project, (wouldn't have been my choice of projects to do around the house, but whatever!) a table to put next to his charcoal grill, he wants to add a bottle opener and then it will be complete! :)

Photo: Project #2 with left over cedar from deck.

No comments:

Post a Comment