Thursday, April 18, 2013

Emotional Wednesday

After 3 tough days with Presley (for us and grandma) we decided to see if we could get Presley into her new daycare (or preschool as we are calling it) sooner. She was supposed to go in September but it turns out they have an opening June 17th! So starting in June she will be at fulltime daycare, not with Grandma, not with April.
It was sad and emotional and mom and I both had a hard time with the decision but we all know it is for the best. I think to have the same routine, rules and schedule will help her. It took her a good year to get comfortable going to Aprils and took about 4 months to accept preschool...how long will it take her for this? I warned the director that she'll be one of those kids that kick and scream and cry (I know she won't be the first or the last kid to do that) but she said that we could come for half days and stay with her or have her stay a couple hours by herself, so I think in June we'll try to do some of that so she can know what to expect. It should be a rather interesting change for all of us.

So after that emotional day I had an appointment to get my hairs did. A long overdue appointment with my BFF Josie at Bella. I stopped going to her over a year ago b/c it just costs too much money but you know what? Screw it! It is worth it!
I got there a little early and Steve made a comment earlier about how I would never go to the bar by myself (for some reason he thought I would swing by a bar on my way home?!). SO I proved him wrong! While I waited I went right next door to 34s and had a beer, by myself. So HA!  Anywhooo....
I sat there while Josie worked her magic, sipping my wine and just relaxing for 2 hours. Having someone wash your hair and two girls drying your hair, you feel pampered...so maybe going back every 3 months will be worth it!

Presley was actually good for Steve while I was gone and was good at Aprils today. She was pretty good tonight with a couple occasional breakdowns but maybe, hopefully she is back to feeling better and back to her old self again (the girl lost about 4 pounds!). We'll see. With a busy weekend, only time will tell. Wish us luck to a healthy, happy 4 year old!

And my mom said that Presley is one of the 'smart' kids in preschool! HA! They have all the kids' names on the back of their pictures and when they get to school they have to find their name and flip over the card to show their picture...almost like a little attendance policy that teaches them how to recognize their names. Well, this is easier for some than others and Presley along with a couple others have had their last names added to their cards! We have her spring conference next week and I'm super excited to see what they say and how she has progressed since the fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment