Friday, July 9, 2010

Toddler fun....or not so fun.

So this summer Presley has been the only kid my mom is watching during the week. We all know how much P likes other people, so we all thought it would be a good idea for her to branch out and spend time with other kids. My friend April, from highschool stays home with her girls and watches a couple other kids so she was the chosen one to watch Presley just one day a week for us. Lucky woman!
I don't know what is is like to drop off an infant at daycare after maternity leave....but I think it has to be harder when your baby is a toddler and realizes you are gone! I'm pretty sure my mom and Steve had a harder time with this than I did, and I was the one that had to drop her off on her first day there!
The first couple Thursdays were rough, Presley watched the other kids play and didn't do much. I think we had a break thru this week! April said she played good and talked and laughed with the other kids! Finally! April's daughters love Presley! Her oldest told Steve that she 'wished she was Presley, b/c she is soo cute!' haha! Kids crack me up!

I don't know if the terrible two's can start at 17 months, but I'm afraid they have. The temper tantrums that have started over the last 2 weeks are nuts! My mom compared her to the girl in the Exorcist! (I know, we are mean!) I'll try to get a video of her fit in the next couple days. This will be the best birth control yet!

Steve talked me into getting an Evo, it's basically Sprints Iphone. It does sooo many things, I can't even begin to explain! It was kinda an impluse purchase. I've never spent this kind of money on a damn phone but I used some of the bonus money I received from work. Once I figure out how to work my phone maybe I'll take a picture with it!

1 comment:

  1. I think the terrible 2's are more like 18 months to 2. Those were the hardest 6 months with Bridget. We had to leave so many places and after 2 times of going out to dinner and getting our food boxed when it arrived, we just stopped going. Good luck!

    - Colleen

    ReplyDelete