Saturday, May 22, 2010

TGIF

Here are some pics from the park earlier in the week.


Friday Presley was nice enough to wake up bright and early at 6:30! Boo. We got ready to go, Presley threw a fit on the bathroom floor...not a good start to the day. She quickly got over it once she realized that I had left the room and didn't care about her fit. We headed to the doctor to have my stitches removed, we were there for all of 5 minutes and Presley cried the entire time we were in the room....the doctor never touched her, I guess she had sympathy pains for me?!
Since we were out in WDSM, I decided to quick take her into work to say hi to everyone. After that, I wanted to hit up a couple garage sales or run to the mall, but Presley was cranky so we headed home.
Steve got an awesome invitation to attend the National Corvette Restoration Association event courtesy of Todd Stalker and Stalker Chevrolet. He was able to go to Dennis Albaugh's home (I think he is the richest guy in Iowa!) to see his Chevy car collection. Albaugh has, what is considered the best Chevy collection in the world! He has a convertible from every year and has many cars that are one of a kind! This is a private collection that very few people get to see! http://www.thealbaughclassic.com/
Here are some pics of his night!
He bought this one at the Barrett-Jackson auction.
This is a one of a kind race car!
Lots o Corvettes!!!
1969 Camaro that was the GoodGuys Muscle Car of the Year!
1912 Little, the only one known to exist with two-toned paint!
I'm not a big car person, but the pictures and the stories behind all of these are crazy to me! So much money and time these people put into their cars! Steve had a great time! So Presley and I decided to invite Samantha to go to Prairie Meadows with us, she had never been. Presley was very good and happy. We didn't win any money but that's ok, we still had a good time!

No comments:

Post a Comment