Saturday, May 29, 2010

Problem

I have a problem with the show Toddlers and Tiaras. Those little girs (and the teenagers they will eventually be) drive me freakin insane!

A woman I work with was talking about how she does everything for her (teenage) boys so they will focus on school and get good jobs so they can one day have a wife who will stay at home. She said the women of the 70's ruined being a stay-at-home mom for the rest of us. I tried sooo hard to keep my mouth shut. In my head, I'm thinking those are the boys that are going to grow up and expect their wife's to do everything for them! I'm a total feminist so I just wanted this whole conversation to end before I said something to make it uncomfortable.

It's that time of year when everyone talks about tanning. For the most part, I try to keep my mouth shut and my opinions to myself. However, another girl at work uses a tanning bed weekly. She said that her and another girl were going to get a tanning package together b/c it was cheaper that way. I said "yeah you wouldn't want to pay too much to get skin cancer" of course I say it jokingly and she took it with a grain of salt but I never know when I should speak up.

No comments:

Post a Comment