Friday, February 12, 2010

Traveling

Wow, I have learned a lot about traveling this week....and I still have 2 more trips next week!

1) printing your boarding pass before you get the the airport can definietly save time.
2) since the airlines now charge for bags, more people take carry-on luggage! It is amazing the amount of carry-on luggage on these planes! Personally it drives me crazy.
3) the view from a plane is amazing! Seeing houses, snow, mountians, rivers from that view is unbelievable to me! Disappearing into a cloud and coming out the other side, a little freaky, but I love it.
4) i get nervous flying by myself, on my first flight the girl in front of me did the sign of the cross. That was really the first time I thought about the fact that the plane could crash. and unlike most people, i like landing.....touching down to the earth, lowers my chances of the plane crashing! I know, I shouldn't think that way.
5) i could never be a traveling business person, too much time away from home and my family is just not worth it to me.....though i do get a lot of reading done. 2 books in 1 week....I would say that is pretty good!
6) i like the DSM airport! it's small and easy to find everything! you don't have to take a tram to the different terminals! it took me almost 20 minutes to get from one terminal to the next in Minneapolis.....and I only had a 35 minutes between flights. I don't think I'm meant to be a 'big' city girl!
7)) the people who travel with babies amaze me! i would be stressing and these people all act like it's not big deal to take a baby on a plane! i would have NEVER taken Presley on a plane as a baby! i couldn't put all the other passengers thru that! haha! Now that she is a little older, I think she might be ok....but I still don't plan on doing that anytime soo! we can hardly keep her happy in the car for a mile down the road!
8) i missed my baby so so much! don't get me wrong, i missed Steve too. but i know he'll remember me, Presley might not! that is the main reason I had to come home this weekend! she was a little leary of me at first, but she warmed up to me! :) Steve did a great job being a 'single' dad this week, he kept the house clean and they even went to Perkins for dinner one night together! Of course, it does help that she is so happy and good these days! She is getting 3 of her top teeth and you would never know! She still sleeps pretty good and it just overall HAPPY!
we went to dinner tonight and she kept cheesing at the people next to us, instead of glaring! (thank you, b/c that glare was slightly embarrasing!)

No comments:

Post a Comment