Friday, February 19, 2010

Finally home!!!

So we left a busy Phoenix airport at 8:15 this morning, we were all ready to get home! Despite the fact we heard it was snowing......again. At this point, we just expect it to snow and if it doesn't it's kind of a nice surprise! We knew we only had 30 minutes to make our connecting flight in Minneapolis, (and for those of you who don't know, when you sit in the back of a plane, at a airport that is slightly bigger than the DSM airport, this isn't very much time!) so when we landed 15 minutes early we were happy! But then of course, there was a plane still at our terminal and it took 20 minutes for all the people in front of us to file off the plane....at this point we were cutting it close. We had 15 minutes to make it from gate G16 to gate C21 (which are not close together!), we get to gate C21 and that plane is going to Chicago! UGH. They changed our gate to A12....with 7 minutes to go, we continued on our way. Then we hear the announcement, last boarding call for the flight to DSM, the doors will close in 4 minutes! Anyway.....we barely made it! Then we sat on the plane for 45 minutes before we took off!! Frustrating! Once we got to DSM, we circled around the city for 10 minutes waiting for them to clear the runway!...............we got off the plane and was greeted by snow. Pretty and white and cold and never ending.

Presley is getting all 4 of her top teeth! I think she is going to look weird with teeth....I mean, I know everyone has teeth and it looks normal, but for the last year we are used to seeing her with no teeth, so it's just hard to imagine!

I just want to give props to my husband for holdin' down the fort while I was gone. He did a great job around the house and with Presley. She is very lucky to have such a great daddy! I think Steve actually does more around the house when I'm gone! So when should I plan my next trip away?

I noticed Holly hasn't updated her blog since February 8th. She is supposed to be blogging about new things she does every day this year. I hope she has the last 2 weeks memorized since she hasn't been posting! C'mon Holly, just break down and get Internet at home so you can update daily! :)

If you haven't heard, Samantha is pregnant! It was unexpected, but we are fully supporting her. Because frankly, her and Jon are going to need it! :) She just got a job at a daycare, (she is great with kids, so I think she'll enjoy it!) and she has her first doctors appt on Monday. She thinks she is due in August, so only a few short 6 months to go!

I've been eating out every meal for the last 2 weeks. I'm sure the scale will reflect that too. I did workout when I was in Tempe, but it was a mentally exhausting couple weeks.

Have you seen the previews for the movie The Crazies? Steve and his brother helped work on part of the set. So if you see it, remember to look at the porch on the house!

I love genealogy...family history. Have you see the previews for Who Do You Think You Are? (or something that like that, where celebrities find out about relatives in their past) I would love that! I've been able to go pretty far back on my mom's side of the family, I would love a little more information but I have the general names and dates. My dad's side of the family is a different story. My dad and his twin brother were adopted, so finding family history with full names and dates has been challenging. Eventually, I'll have enough time and money to dig a little deeper!

No comments:

Post a Comment