Thursday, December 24, 2009

Decisions

I hate making decisions with a passion. I don't even like to choose what to have for dinner!
A lot of changes have been made in my department at work. A lot. Some for the better and some for the worse. Then they promoted all of the people below me, and I got nothing for all the work I've done all year.....for all the overtime I've worked, the people I've trained, going with the flow of the changes..Nothing.
I've been looking for a job off and on for months, but there is never really anything out there within my same company. Then a friend of mine, Shannon mentioned a job opening! It was more money, I was tired of the same ole crap and I applied without thinking much of it!
So I had a phone interview Tuesday, I thought it went well. The next Monday I was offered the job. That same Monday, my current job announced they restructured our pay scales. So basically twice in one day I was offered more money! Rock on!.....however, this decision came to be very hard for me. It made me sick to my stomach thinking about what I needed to do. I love my new team and manager and all my friends at my job. I love that my mom lives on my way to work for me to drop off Presley. I love the parking ramp. I applied for this new job partly for the money, which was now not an issue since either way I was getting paid about the same. So.....what do I do??????? Then I had to remember about every time I emailed my sister or my friend Missy, or complained to Steve on the phone about needing a new job, and then I really realized that I needed to take this job. Either way I'm going to wonder if I made the right decision and I think I'm mostly nervous because I HATE CHANGE! I'm sure you'll hear more about this in the coming months. I also have 2 weeks of training in Tempe! How in the world can I be away from my husband and baby for 2 weeks! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment