Sunday, December 13, 2009

Baby, it's cold outside!

Another weekend has gone by. Saturday morning Presley and I met the fam at Texas Roadhouse for Holly's birthday lunch! Steve had to go to a funeral for his sister-in-laws father. I wish we all could've gone to pay our respects to Stu, but with the long drive and Presley's napping, it just wasn't going to work out that way for us. So Steve went to represent our family. I can't imagine what they are going thru. I don't know what I would do if I lost one of my parents. Our thoughts and prayers are with them.
Presley napping. She was so cute with her little diaper butt in the air, in the fetal position. I couldn't help but capturing that moment. On a side note, she had taken 2 steps a couple times in the last week! She is no where near being able to walk yet, but she wishes she was!
Mommy and Presley in front of the tree. We don't have that many (good) pictures together, so I was happy this one turned out!
Our friends Damian and Jen had an Ugly Sweater party on Saturday night. So we put on our best 'ugly' sweaters! I borrowed mine from Colleen's mom, (thank you Cathy!) and Steve went to Kmart (they had the best selection, in case you ever need one!) and found a real nice outfit! He decided he wanted to go ALL out, I think he thought it was Halloween. It was hideous and hilarious! (yes, that is a Santa coffee mug he is drinking from!)
Here is a nice family picture of us in our sweaters. We couldn't find Presley an ugly sweater, so she got a cute one instead!
The party was a lot of fun and I think Steve won for the best 'ugly' sweater! Presley and I left the party about 8:15 (way too late for her!) and Steve stuck around to enjoy the fun. And fun they had, or so I guess from the hangover he had today. He slept on the couch b/c I didn't want to deal with him when he got home! :)
Today Presley and I hung out and went over to Kari's to say hi. Kari is going to watch Presley on Thursday for us since my parents will be out of town. Presley seemed rather comfortable in their house and didn't seem too scared, so that made me feel a little more comfortable. This will be the first time we have left her all day with someone other than family!
Then we went to the mall and had lunch and I bought a new pair of shoes (I really needed them! I'll have to tell you that story too!) By the time we got home it was time for a nap, for both of us!
I have tomorrow off from work! But I think I'll be taking Presley in to see everyone, it will give us a good reason to get out of the house (and I forgot to complete my timecard for last week!)

No comments:

Post a Comment