Friday, May 1, 2009

Is she testing us?.......

So I worked till 6 pm last night to get in some of my overtime. I called Steve on my way home to see how things were going with Presley. He said she started crying at my moms when she woke up from her nap. They couldn't calm her down, she wasn't hungry or tired....she just wasn't happy. So he went home with her crying and she had been crying since! Lovely!
I got home and she smiled...once, then is started up again. I walked around with her, the kitchen calmed her down for about 10 minutes, then she got bored. Finally, she got tired enough to sleep for 30 minutes. I figured a little nap would do her some good, then she would forget what she was crying about, eat a little and be happy. WRONG. She wasn't happy, wasn't hungry and continued to cry. We went to our usual calming devices.....the water running in the sink, the hair dryer, the fan above the stove is a new one! Nothing worked for more than 5 minutes.
Our last resort, give her a bath. She seems to like them now so it was worth a try! She was silent and content the whole time. Figured, now that she was calm she would eat...she hadn't really had anything to eat since 2:30, it was 8:30! We were wrong again......I decided I would sit on the toilet, with the water running in the tub and try to feed her..............................................She drank the whole damn bottle! Steve came in to see how things were going (water still running, me still sitting on the toilet) she looked up at him and smiled. Seriously? After all that, now she smiles????
So I swaddled her on the floor of the family room. She laid there smiling, looking up at the TV, talking. Goodness child.

Kinda ironic that the daily log my mom keeps for her said "Perfect girl today!"

No comments:

Post a Comment