Saturday, December 29, 2018

VTO

So I have worked for my company for 15 years and have never used the 18 hours of Volunteer Time they offer us.....until now. I dislike my job so much and they really try hard to get people to use this time in this department so I figured why not miss out on more work?! So Tuesday the 18th, I took 6 hours and met Presley's 4th grade class at the Iowa Hall of Pride and the Iowa State Capitol tour! I really enjoyed the capitol tour and learned so much! I don't think I have been since I was probably in 4th grade! It was worth it!
This was at the top of the building, 91 steps up.
Image may contain: 2 people, including Jessica Goodrich, people smiling, indoor
Looking down, you can see the Christmas tree on the main level!
Image may contain: one or more people and indoor
The staircase in the library. Did you know that anyone can use this library? Neither did I, but it would be awesome for me to spend time relaxing and reading here!
Image may contain: night
Unfortunately after this I did have to go back to work for a couple hours. That night I met Sarah and Gabby at Eatery A for dinner before our wine making night. Eatery A has the best happy hour and pizza and wine. We then made wine and then Sarah and I headed to Lynn's for another drink. We ended up there until 1 am! Mostly talking, debating and such, but it was good night even though Steve was NOT impressed that I was out that late! Oops!

Then Friday I took VTO in the morning to help with Piper's winter party and then took PTO to have the afternoon off! Piper's party was so cute, she was so excited to see me and it was fun seeing all her little friends too. I appreciate teachers so much b/c I just don't have the patience for that many kids!

That afternoon they had a school sing along. They fill the auditorium and sing holiday songs, parents can come watch but this is the first year I had really heard about it even though they have done it every year...needless to say there were NOT that many parents there watching, but I get it, if I didn't have the day off I wouldn't have gone either. However, the best part of this sing along was the 12 days of Christmas when the teachers got on stage and each had a part. It was SO funny! Presley's teacher is a slightly older lady and was one of the 9 ladies dancing...she was up there flossing and such. Her class went CRAZY seeing their teacher up there dancing like that! It was so fun to see their reaction to her being up there.

That night the girls and I joined Sarah and Collins and Jamie and Harper and two others to see Mary Poppins! We went to Flix so we did dinner there. I have been excited to see this movie and so were the girls. I thought it was really good and entertaining.
Image may contain: 3 people, people smiling, closeup
Image may contain: 5 people, including Jamie Butterworth, people smiling

No comments:

Post a Comment