Saturday, December 29, 2018

Goodbye Royalton

Wednesday morning we got up for our last day. We did some pool time had some miami vices (okay, a lot of miami vices) and tried to enjoy every last minute we had left there. The first group of us left about noon and then Steve and I were scheduled to leave at 1:30. We did some lunch and more drinks at the Diamond Club bar and completely enjoyed the last of our vacation.
As much as we tried to sleep on the flights, it just doesn't work very well for us. We actually got back in to DSM 45 minutes early at 9:45! My dad picked us up at the airport in a nice warm car and we headed home where my mom had got our kids put to bed for us.

Couple last things: Thanks to my parents and Holly and Jerry for taking our kids while we were gone! They had a blast and we always know they are in good hands with you guys!

The upgrade to the Diamond Club was worth it. A butler who would do anything for us...made our reservations, did the ironing for the guys wedding shirts, would make sure the fridge was packed with whatever you wanted. There was  special DC area with a bar, food for lunch, special beach area, and top shelf liquor. We can't wait to go back!

Thursday I was supposed to work but stepping into our house I just couldn't force myself to get up and go. I called in sick and unpacked all of our suitcases, did 5 loads of laundry and got our house under control so I wouldn't have to spend all weekend doing it. I am glad I took that time to get organized instead of going back to work.

Friday and Saturday we didn't have much going on. Steve worked a little that Saturday morning and it was fairly nice out so the girls and I went on a walk with Sarah and her kids. Piper had a birthday party that afternoon. Presley and I picked her up and headed to Wasabi in Waukee for Andrea's ISU graduation get together. We hung out there, I ate some sushi, Presley ate some edamame and then headed to Sarah's for the kids to play some more and for us moms to catch up!

No comments:

Post a Comment