Monday, June 25, 2018

Fathers Day Sunday

We met my family out at Grumpy Goat for brunch Sunday at 11....the service took FOREVER. The kids were pretty patient and we had no where to go so it was okay! Someone complained and we ended up getting our whole meal for free! ALL 12 of us!

After that we ran to Hy-Vee to pick up a couple things including a last minute Father's Day gift and then headed home to do some cleaning! :) The girls convinced me to put up our little pool since it was so hot, so that kept them occupied for a while.

Steve got home and was exhausted. He did his unpacking, showered and hung out for bit and then he chose BWW for dinner!

Last week the girls had their private swim lessons in the morning. My mom agreed to take them for us and then just kept them all day along with Mary. It was so nice and I think they had a lot of fun! Grandma and Grandpa spoil them and kept them busy! They did the slip-n-slide, saw a movie, went to a jumping place, went on a bike ride and of course, played some games and had ipad time!
I love this picture of them!

Mom decided to have the 3 girls spend the night on Tuesday night, so we had a free date night! Crazy to have no kids and no plans! Steve came downtown and met me at Grumpy Goat for a bit and then we headed to Confluence. The weather was so perfect (super humid for my hair but was nice to be outside!) Then we headed to 1908 in Johnston for dinner and to get closer to home...and then of course, stopped at The Boat House on the way home and we were still home by 10:30! :)

Thursday night we had Carver's birthday party at Chuck E Cheese....man the girls really like that place! They won some tickets and got some cheap toys and candy!

Friday after work I met some coworkers out for a quick drink. Figured it would be good for me to get to know some of the people in this new department. Then I met everyone at Holly and Jerry's house for dinner. They decided to have everyone over as a thank you to my parents for taking the girls to swim lessons. We hung out there until about 9 and then headed home.

Saturday I got up and ran/walked, which I hadn't done in a week. Oops. And basically we just hung out at home all day. Presley was in rare form and the attitude was too much for me to handle. She spent hours in her room. Piper and I went to the Arts Festival....and we spent more time walking there and back to the car, than we did actually looking at anything. Seriously. We saw 3 tents of art and she said 'This is boring! All you do is walk around and look at stuff!'. Ok, point taken.
The only proof we have that we actually attended the Arts Festival!
That afternoon, Presley finally turned her attitude around and was able to earn her way back into the birthday party that she wanted to attend that evening at Cascade Falls in Ankeny. A pool party, which they had to take a swimming test at, so that was nice! I left and ran home. It was the perfect night to open up the shed so we hung out. Some neighbors stopped by for a while, the kids played.
I then left to pick up Presley and this is what I found....my child going off the high dive! WTH?? I was so proud of her and I could tell she was definitely proud of herself too!
One of the girls there played on her soccer team and we saw them at gymnastics also, I told them they should stop by (mind you, this is at 9:30 at night)….so they did! They hung out, talked, their daughter and Presley played....it was nice! Once they left, I got the girls settled down in our room with a movie and headed back out to the shed. Jason and Wendy came over about 11 and left about 1!!! That is too late for any of us to be up and we were all exhausted on Sunday!

Sunday we did sleep in! I did try to get a run in before the rain started and Piper wanted to go with me and ride her bike. I warned her that we might get rained on. I didn't realize HOW much we would get rained on. It sprinkled so we biked/ran home as fast as we could! We didn't make it, we were drenched!!! She thought it was funny and awesome but man we were soaked! Once we turned the corner to our street we saw Steve getting in the car leaving....he was going to come find us and pick us up! Isn't he sweet? :)

That afternoon we really didn't do much. Steve and I were tired and lazy! The girls played pretty good. Presley was in a good mood and Piper was the sassy one! We got ice cream for lunch, b/c why not?!
Presley's friend Madison rode her bike over and they played for a couple hours. Talking, hanging out like two teenagers.
We watched the storm roll in, had frozen pizza for dinner and did our Sunday night routine like always! We have a busy 4 weeks ahead of us, July is going to fly by! So wish me luck in that I'm able to keep up on this blog! 


No comments:

Post a Comment