Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Weekend Update

We had a pretty busy weekend but a lot of fun and I have almost no pictures! Thursday night we went out to Latitude 41 to watch Baird play. It sprinkled off and on but they have a covered area and overall it was a little humid but nice. Holly and Boston and my friend Amy joined us out there. Then Presley's old soccer coach, Tanner, came out with her friend Addie and sister Sophie. Presley was excited to have a friend there and the kids were so occupied that it was nice to just be able to sit and talk and listen to music!

I took Friday off for our annual 'schools out' girls day! We have done brunch at Mullets and the zoo the last 2 years but it was too hot for the zoo. We slept in Friday morning, had breakfast at home and then headed out about 11 to Adventureland. We decided to enjoy the day at the water park there since we have season passes. It wasn't busy, the weather was perfect, the girls were pretty good and we had a good time!
Presley enjoyed the big bucket of water that dumps on everyone, they did some of the slides and we got a tube and did the lazy river a couple times. We went to the wave pool, did the kiddie area for a while and then found one of Piper's friends in one of the pools. The kids played and I talked with his mom a while and then we headed out about 2:30 so we could get home before a meltdown started. :)
Image may contain: 2 people, including Jessica Goodrich, people smiling, people standing, child and outdoor

It was the perfect shed night. We invited over some people very last minute. Our neighbors Wendy and Jason came over with their girls and then Presley's friend Quinnlyn and her family rode their bikes over from their house! It was so nice for Presley to have another friend around and the kids played really well. We hung out and talked and laughed, it was a good night and the bugs weren't too bad!

Saturday we all slept in. I got up at 9:30 and ran/walked....I've been slacking since the 5k but I still want to stick with it! Everyone was sleeping when I got back and slowly, finally started crawling out of bed about 10:15-10:30ish! We all got ready...Presley's friend Quinnlyn and her mom rode their bikes to our house to pick up Presley for a playdate at their house. Off Presley went for a couple hours, Steve ran to Costco and Piper and I ran to Target!
We all enjoyed our afternoons, did some stuff around the house and got ready to head to Wendy and Jason's for Jason's 40th birthday get together! It was good, lots of kids and the adults just hanging out talking! We were there until about 9:45 and then headed home. Steve put the kids to bed and I went to Sarah's for a bit to chat and drink a bottle of wine!

Sunday was a rainy, dreary day! I got up and went to my friend Lyndsi's baby shower! I LOVE that is pregnant and getting to enjoy the fun that comes with it! She has got a great group of girls supporting her and Scott during this awesome, stressful transition into becoming a family of 3! So excited for them!
Once I got home from the shower, we really didn't do much the rest of the afternoon! Steve took Piper fishing during a break in the rain. Presley and I hung out at home....I tried to nap and she wanted me to play American Dolls with her, which I did for bit! :)
Other than that, we just chilled at home, ordered pizza for dinner, did showers and got ready for our first week of summer daycare/KTC!

No comments:

Post a Comment