Monday, June 18, 2018

Friday/Saturday Fun

Monday Steve took the girls to gymnastics so that I could try to run...and I did, I ran 2 miles!

Tuesday night Steve had to work and Wednesday night I had dinner with my friend Lyndsi. We went to Gilroy's and sat on the patio, it was so nice to hang and chat with her!

So Steve had this boys weekend planned with his dad and brothers for months now. He left Thursday afternoon and it was me and girls for 3 nights. Thursday we cleaned the house b/c Presley was having her friend Quinnlyn spend the night on Friday! :) Her first 'friend' sleepover at our house!

Friday was Donuts with Dad at Generation Next. Since Steve was gone and I am not a 'dad' (per Piper) she thought Pa should go with her. So he met us there at 7 am and ate with her and took her to her room and such....she was so excited to have him there!
I left work early and met my friend/coworker Rachel for a drink. She is going thru a lot of personal stuff and I just felt like she needed to vent and I was happy to be that ear for her. Even though it was 95 degrees we were able to get a patio seat at the Grumpy Goat in WDSM and it wasn't THAT bad! I left there and ran to Hobby Lobby to get some crafts and stuff for Presley and her friend since it was going to be too hot to really be outside!

I picked up the girls and we picked up Quinnlyn and came home! Really we didn't do much, the girls hung out in the basement (like little teenagers) and did the couple crafts, we ate dinner, I made them popcorn and they watched a movie. They fell asleep about 11 and came into my room at 7 am the next morning.....UGH! They were hungry. Fine. They took donuts to the basement and didn't bother me again until 8 when they asked to go outside. Really? NO ONE in this house is outside before 10! but I figured it was going to be super hot the rest of the day so they might as well just get it over with!

I later found out that they woke up at 4 am! 3:59 to be exact per Presley! I am not kidding! I about died! I asked why they didn't go back to bed.....b/c they just watched movies! AT 4 IN THE MORNING?!
We did get ready to hit up the Johnston Green Days parade, we went with neighbors Wendy, Jason, Rebecca and Rachel. Besides Presley and her attitude (which I will have to post about later) they ended up getting a lot of candy and it didn't start to get too hot until the end!
Becca, Rachel, Piper, Quinnlyn and Presley
Patiently(?) waiting.
We dropped Quinnlyn off at home afterwards and then went home and hung out! The girls ate candy, ran thru the sprinkler, ate lunch and then had some quiet time.




(BTW, I do not like two piece bikinis on my children. She got this from cousin Mary and unfortunately loves it. I bought Piper a tankini swimsuit this year...she was mad b/c it didn't show her belly button and don't I know where her belly button is?! DUH MOM!)

I kept telling Presley she HAD to try to nap (which she hasn't done in years!). She refused (no, I'm not closing my eyes...followed by an eye roll) and soon afterwards she had fallen asleep! THANKFULLY! And while P was sleeping, Piper went outside and was driving around in the 95 degree heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment