Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Family fun

Thursday night I had a JBloom jewelry party. I never have parties, I barely like going to them so for me to have one was a big deal! :) I just get nervous! Will I have enough food? Will I have wine people like? Will anyone show up? But I think I pulled it off! It went good and it was nice to have the girl friends over for a couple hours!

Friday we had plans with my family to celebrate birthdays since my aunts from Texas and Wisconsin were in town for the weekend. We met at Chuck's for dinner and then went back to my parents for dessert and presents. There are 4 of us that has bday within a week of each other......
Mom turned 62 on January 30th
I turned 38 on February 2nd
Presley turned 8 on February 3rd
My Aunt Cindy turned 60 on February 4th

It was so nice to see them, hang out, talk and let the kids play. Thank you to them for the cards and gifts, it was so not expected or needed!

Saturday Steve went out with some friends during the day so the girls and I hung out. They fought, had time outs, played and then repeated the fun. We did get some time outside which was nice and then when Steve got home I left for a girls night with my mom, Holly and aunts. We had tickets to see The Naked Magicians.....
OMG.
Go see it.
If you can handle funny, complete inappropriate sexual humor and magic, then get a girlfriend or 5 and go see them when  they come back in June.
We heard that there was alot of audience participation...and guess who the 1st person picked to go up on stage was??? YOURS TRULY! *insert complete embarrassment!* All I can say, is that thank GOD they were dressed in the first half of the show! Long story short, I had my hand on his butt for a couple minutes and there might have been a short peck of a kiss at the end. So bad.
This was part of 'my' magic act.
This was part of a magic trick they did with the whole audience. I still don't understand how it all works but it is pretty amazing.

After that show we went to Louie's Wine Dive for dinner. The service was not that great, our waitress was stoned, some of the food came out mildly warm but it did taste good! They did give us 2 free desserts and $10 off certificates for next time we are there.

Sunday we didn't do much. We did get out of the house and went to Toys-R-Us to buy Presley her birthday bike and for her to spend some of her birthday money. She really thought a bike was a boring present but she can just get over it and be thankful!
Then we did lunch at Chili's. That afternoon we just hung out at home getting ready for the week ahead. I started a puzzle that I got for my birthday and I might have been up until 11:15 working on it......so addicting! and I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment