Tuesday, February 21, 2017

English

So we have always known we were German and English just by association of our families last names (Frederick and Kirschbaum on my mom's side and my dad's side was King). Holly just got back her results of her Ancestry DNA test and here is what she found out!

So here is the break down:
44% Great Britain

31% Europe West (includes Germany, France, Switzerland and a few others)

11% Scandinavia

7% Iberian Peninsula (includes Spain, Portugal and Algeria)

4% Ireland

2% Europe East (Poland, Czech, Ukraine and others)

and less then 1% West Asia and Italy/Greece
 
How cool is that? I want to get it done too, though it might be very similar. I might try the 23 and Me company/test and get the whole health DNA test done also just to see what it says.

I love genealogy and DNA crap. I have done genealogy for my family but it has been years since I have updated or researched for any more info (pretty sure Piper has never been added to my family tree yet, oops). I really should get back into it again with how much technology has advanced in the last 10 years!

No comments:

Post a Comment