Friday, November 4, 2016

Roller Coaster

It has been a roller coaster of emotions and high and lows this week, unlike I've experienced in such a long time. I've had so many things on my mind of stuff I need to do, get done and remember that I've got a list going, my mind goes a million miles a minute. I was up until 11:30 on Monday and 10:30 on Tuesday trying to get stuff done so I could stop thinking about it and cross some stuff off!

But I get stressed about that little stuff and my friend Janelle lost her mom last week to Alzheimer's, which both of my grandparents suffered from for years. My stresses seem so petty. She is struggling emotionally, as to be expected. I ache for her, I cannot imagine what she is going thru and wish there was something, anything I could do to help. My guess is that time will heal the pain she is going thru. Thinking of you friend! Hugs!

Then Wednesday we woke up to the news that two area police officers were gunned down and murdered in their squad cars. This hit WAY too close to home for me. I was in and out of tears all day and still can't believe this happened in our city! This doesn't happen here. Both were blocks from where our old house was, just a couple miles from where my parents live. Who does this? What is wrong with people? It breaks my heart.

Then Wednesday night Game 7 of the World Series. Now I don't watch baseball, I like the Cubs and would go to a game but it's not something that I normally follow. But I know SO many people who were so excited and invested in the Cubs that I found myself caring! :) Once the game was tied 6-6, I had to stop watching, it was too nerve-racking for me so I stopped watching. I woke up in the middle of the night thinking that I really needed to check FB to see if the Cubs won, as I laid there, I knew.....I just knew they did, so I went back to sleep. I'm so happy for all of Chicago and their fans, hearing the stories is crazy and just seeing people really truly happy is definitely what we need more of these days! Enjoy your time Cubs fans! Embrace the happiness!

Last night we went to my parents for dinner b/c my uncle was in town. So much laughter. So many times I'm wiping tears from my eyes b/c of the funniness! :) I love it!

Every morning when I drop off Piper she waves and says "Bye, have fun at work with the grown-ups!" and I say "Bye, have fun at school with the kids!". She just makes me smile, it is the perfect way to start my mornings.
The other morning she got up and came into the bathroom and hugged my leg and said 'Mommy!!! I missed you!' Oh sweet child of mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment