Sunday, November 27, 2016

Friday/Saturday

I was lucky enough to be able to take a day of pto to have Friday off and just enjoy another day with the family. I actually set and alarm for 8:30, just in case the girls slept late.....I was awake before then anyways....but went to get both girls up at 9 and both were laying in beds playing on the ipads! I love these kids! We had an appointment at 10 to get their passports!! So we did that and then decided to go next door and get some brunch at Hy-Vee!
We went home and just hung out....the girls can play SO good together sometimes and we just love it! We decided last minute to go to Buffalo Wild Wings to watch the Iowa game. We brought stuff to keep the kids occupied and they were so good! We were able to make it until half time before they were losing their patience with us and getting antsy, so we headed home!
The first thing they wanted to do when they got home was go dress up like 'mom's'. The found jewelry, put on some of my make-up, did their hair, found purses and my shoes and were the cutest little mom's ever!
 
That night we got some popcorn and watched The Grinch who Stole Christmas and Return of Frosty the Snowman together. Both girls were tired (I have no idea why) and Piper was asleep by 8 pm and Presley was asleep by 9.....and then Steve and I were in bed by 9:30! Our Friday nights have been pretty uneventful lately! But we aren't complaining!
 
Saturday morning we got the Christmas stuff out......The girls were so excited to get the tree up and put on the ornaments! Growing up, us girls got a new ornament every year so I have a lot of them to put up plus others that I have accumulated over the years. I have tried to get Steve one a year since we have been together also and my sister Holly has now made it a tradition to get our girls a new Christmas ornament every year as their gift. I love this! It's one less toy they get (and don't need) and one less thing I have to think about and buy!
(and yes, Presley slept in the outfit she had worn the day before.....#pickmybattles).
She posed like Clay Matthews when putting on my Clay Matthews ornament! :)


Such a poser!

After we got that all done, Steve made a trip to HyVee, I worked out, we did some laundry, the girls played some more and we got ready to head to Earlham for the Goodrich Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment