Monday, November 7, 2016

November

I cannot believe it is November and my kids are playing outside after work/school with no coat on! It's awesome! Friday night they did just that, we figured they needed to get out and enjoy the weather, sunlight and friends since this week it will be dark when we get home.


Saturday we didn't do much. Steve took a trip to the mall with Piper to get a few things. He did some stuff outside, I worked out and then we did a late lunch at Chili's. We went to Menards and got new Christmas lights! I wanted blue porch lights to support our police officers so Steve decided we just needed to go full on BLUE! :)
Once we got home we headed back outside to enjoy more of the nice weather. The girls played with the neighbors, Steve put up the lights and I sat by the shed and read my book in the awesome sunshine and then took Presley to swim lessons.
That night the Hawkeyes played (well I can't say they actually PLAYED, they were there and on the field) so we got in one more night at the shed watching football! It was the perfect fall night out!
Daylight Savings Time. You never know how the kids are going to respond to this change. Piper was incredibly tired all of Saturday and got in trouble and spanked and sent to her room multiple times! So when she was still sleeping at 8:30 (really 9:30) Sunday morning, I wasn't too surprised (but I did go make sure that she was still breathing!)
Presley and I were up early, unfortunately. She played on the Ipad and I read my book until the other two got up. We have so many busy weekends that it was so nice to have one weekend where we didn't really plan anything so we could just do what we wanted! So we decided to headed out for breakfast. I had a gift card to the Iowa Machine Shed that I've had for over a year so we figured we better use it! OH MY. I'm glad that is not something we do often! So much food, so good! And then I went home and worked out!

We hung out and cleaned and did laundry and then headed to my parents house for a little Packer Sunday before swim lessons. She is enjoying it! and I love watching her get comfortable in thwe water and learning how to swim! She'll remain in this class level again until she can swim a little farther than she is currently. (hopefully I can get her signed up for another session!)
 That smile! :)

Of course, when we left lessons it was 5:30 and dark outside. So we got home, ate dinner, did baths and got quiet-time and bed time in early! Piper was ready for bed at 7, she didn't want to read books and she fell asleep within minutes of me laying with her! Presley was in bed at 7:45 and was asleep by 8:15, it was so nice! They needed it and so did we!

No comments:

Post a Comment