Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Random blah blah

- I bought a Himalayan salt lamp. I read about the benefits of having one of these and I had to give it a try! Couldn't hurt right? Here are some of the benefits if you are interested..... http://www.naturallivingideas.com/himalayan-pink-salt-lamp-benefits/
Crystal Decor Natural Himalayan Salt Lamp in Star Design Metal Basket with Dimmable Cord

 - We might be crazy! No, no, we ARE crazy! We decided to take a family trip to Cancun in January! What are we thinking??? We've talked about it for months, looked up trips for weeks and finally, I just decided that life is too short. We might as well do it while we can! We have the savings, we only have one kid that we have to take out of school. Let's do it and hope for the best!

- I have 2 months to get into swimsuit shape...hence the working out I have been doing. I had gained 10 pounds from April until we got back from our vacations in July (2 weeks of eating and drinking will do that to a person!). I have been pretty good about watching what I'm eating 75% of the time but I cannot and will not be that person who gives up everything I love to eat (Hello, once a week I'm at El Mariachi....and if I'm being good, I get beer instead of margaritas! See, I'm trying!). I've lost about 5 pounds and would still like to lose another 5 but I might have to step up my exercising to get there.  I've been walking once if not twice a day at work for 10-15 minutes each and then I've been walking on the treadmill at home for 20-35 minutes 4 times a week (depending on the day and what I can fit in!). I have found that if I can read while I walk, it takes my focus off the actual chore of being on the treadmill! (and then I get extra reading time in each day too and that is a plus for me!)

- I'm ready for the election to be over. I don't vote. I've never voted. I don't plan on it any time soon. 'If you don't vote, you can't complain!' Um...ok! 'It's my right to vote' Yep, I have the right to bear arms too, but that doesn't mean I do! I'm over it.

No comments:

Post a Comment