Saturday, November 12, 2016

Four day weekend o'fun!

Since I had Friday off for Veterans Day, I decided to take Thursday off to have a longer weekend! I helped the get the girls ready and Steve took them to school and I was on the treadmill at 7:15! WTH? After that I got ready and headed to the East Village Spa for a hot stone massage (using the gift card that Steve got me for my birthday....in February!). It was amazing!
Then I headed to Costco to pickup some canvas prints I ordered and ended up spending way too much money! Then I headed to Christian Photos to get my camera cleaned, which I learned that is not as easy as it sounds. Canon has a $250 minimum charge for any work done. Ummm....yeah I guess I'll just live with it the way it is until we buy a more updated one with wifi. After that I went to Hobby Lobby.....Hobby Lobby.....I am not crafty. I love this place and it is just a reminder of how uncrafty I really am.
 
I stopped by the post office and dropped off my Stitchfix and asked about passports for the kids! I got that scheduled and then headed home about 2. I did your normally crap around the house, picking up for the millionth time, doing laundry and blah, blah, blah. Steve picked up the girls from school and took them to dinner since I had plans to meet my sisters and mom for babysitter planning. We did dinner, drinks and talking....with about 20% baby shower talk. Oops!
 
THEN I had plans to pick up my friend Lisa and her neighbor Stacey to head to Madrid for The Nada's show! (and for some reason I don't have a picture of the 3 of us?!) but I did run into Danny and Missy who we met at the beer tour that we took a couple weeks ago! It was so good to see them again!

and of course, got a picture with the lead singer Mike, who we love (him and his family!)
 
By Friday morning, I was exhausted. I told Steve that I would take Piper to daycare whenever we got up and ready so I was able to sleep in a tiny little bit.....until like 7:30, which is better than 6:30 so  I guess I shouldn't complain. I dropped her off at daycare about 9, went and got an oil change in the car and then headed home. I tried and tried and tried to lay down for a nap...and talk myself into working out and neither worked. I left the house about 11:30 to pick up McD's for Presley since I was having lunch with her at school! (along with alot of other parents who didn't work on Veteran's Day!) We did lunch and then I spent way too much money at Target (but on the plus side, I did get alot of Christmas shopping done!) I got home about 2, worked out, made myself presentable to the public and then picked up the girls early at about 3:45 - 4. We hung out for a while and then got ready for Brittany, the babysitter, to come over. She got there about 5:45 and we headed on our way.
 
When I won the brewery tour tickets, we also won 2 tickets to the beer and wine festival ($35 a ticket!). This was pretty cool actually. SO many beer and wine and food vendors with free samples of everything and no limits. Of course, you could buy anything you wanted to take home also! Steve told me I should win tickets again next year! We saw alot of people that we know including Danny and Missy from the brewery tour! :)
We had bought tickets to see Damon Dotson and Towncrier at Wooly's that night (which was the original reason we had a sitter!) so we headed there and enjoyed the music. Both of us were exhausted and my feet were killing me so we hung out until about 10:30 and then headed closer to home.
Towncrier



Again we didn't get to sleep until way too late and Presley was up at 7 and Piper 7:45 (we can deal with 7:45, but 7?! No way!). Lucky me since it was my morning to sleep in!
Steve left for the Iowa game about 10:30 and the girls and I survived. I say that b/c Presley was incredibly tired and the whining, complaining and crying was so dumb. I wanted to have a good, fun girls day with them but I determined early on that was not going to happen. So we compromised, we cleaned the basement! Sounds fun huh???  We filled up this big box with toys they no longer wanted, it was a GREAT feeling! I kept telling them that we were going to give these toys to kids who didn't have toys! They were on board, more than I thought they would be! So, for a good hour we were in the basement going thru toys!
Then we got ready and headed out to the Urbandale Police department to drop off pictures they had drawn/colored for the officers who were killed.

We dropped off our pictures and I took in the unbelievable site of the car completely covered with flowers and balloons and pictures and messages. Unreal and totally amazing of our community. I did inform of them of the reason we were going and how they were expected to behave. I was going to take them to a park afterwards. Presley was not impressed and disrespectful while were we there, so I had to just take them home. We got home and they both had 45 minutes of quiet times in their rooms b/c I was DONE with it.
 
Then Presley had swim lessons......so we did that and then I might have had a momentary lapse in judgment......
I took them to Firetrucker Brewery in Ankeny to watch our friend Baird play. No worries people, I had supplies! Snacks, colors, papers and music to keep them happy!
They did so good for me! We were there from 6-7:30 and they didn't complain! (and for the record, these breweries are kid friendly and my kids were NOT the only ones there!)
 
 
We got home about 8, got comfy, ate some late dinner/snacks/fruit and watch a little Alvin and the Chipmunks and those girls were done and asleep by 9 o'clock easy! So I finally sat down, ate some dinner, watched the Iowa game (OMG! OMG!) and blogged (you are welcome!).
 
And you know what people? This weekend is NOT over! There is more to come!  I hope you are enjoying this wonderful November weekend as much as I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment