Sunday, November 20, 2016

Laying Low

Weekends with minimal plans are few and far between and I hate saying 'no' when getting asked to do things or attend get-togethers, but sometimes I just have to say no. I feel bad, I feel guilty but I just have to remember that I can't do everything and I shouldn't have to either......but I still feel bad.

So now that Piper is 4 we've had to change her gymnastics class and of course, they don't have a class available on Wednesday nights when Presley goes, so starting tomorrow she will go Monday's and Presley will go Wednesday's. It will not be fun making two trips there every week, but really, in the whole scheme of things our kids aren't really THAT involved in sports and activities like other kids are so we really shouldn't complain. Last Wednesday was her last class in the 3 year old room and I think she is ready to move up anyways.

Thursday Presley had an early out at school, she didn't really want to go to KTC so I had decided to leave work early and pick her up and then just work from home that afternoon. She is so good and mostly self-sufficient that it worked out pretty well!
That night I went to a jewelry party in Polk City at Lisa's house, I don't normally like attending these kind of parties but this stuff was pretty cool and I really liked it! I might have a party in a couple months when things aren't so busy. While I was at the party Steve watched the neighbor girls, Brynn and Bara so that Matt and Kari could go to Brynn's conferences...so he had 4 little girls ages 7 to 2 for about an hour, but they did so good and played so well that it wasn't too bad! :)

Friday we just hung out at home! The weather took a turn for the colder side, so we cuddled up and just laid low! I think Steve and I were even in bed before 10!

Saturday we had planned to have brunch with my parents, so we met them at Mullets. We had owed them dinner for Fathers Day (yes, Fathers Day) and then wanted to give my dad his birthday present that we just received (his birthday is in September)! It was nice to just go out with them, we don't get that time without other family around. Other than that, we didn't do much! Again, another nice day at home! Doing laundry, cleaning, organizing...fun stuff!
We did have swim lessons! I was nervous about Piper, but she walked right down, followed up teacher and did exactly what she was told. Afterwards she said 'That was fun! I want to do that again!' so I guess that is a good thing! And no worries...I'm sure there will be pictures to come!

Steve decided to go to the Boat House to get out of the house for a while and the girls and I hung out at home. We cuddled on the couch watching Toy Story, they played on the ipads and we had some treats. They went to bed pretty good for me too.

Today......we did some more hanging out. Steve made a trip to HyVee, I worked out and made a trip to Target (BY MYSELF!), we did more laundry (I hate putting away laundry, so normally I do alot of it on Saturday and then have to put it all away on Sunday!). We had swim lessons again and they both did great! Piper doesn't want to blow bubbles in the water?! She'll put her face in the water in the bathtub at home so I think once she gets more comfortable in the pool she'll do it!

Right now the girls are sleeping, Steve isn't feeling good so he is in bed too and the Packers are losing. My glass of wine is gone and I think it's time for me to log off and go to bed!

We are ready for a short week and looking forward to spending some time with our families!

No comments:

Post a Comment