Monday, October 3, 2016

Busy

Last week was another busy one and not with anything in particular! Monday night we headed over to see Holly and Jerry's new house! It's so nice and I'm very happy for them!
 
Tuesday we had 2nd grade night at school! The 4 of us got to do a short bingo game in her classroom, for Presley to show up all around the class and where they do things and her favorite parts of the room. It was fun to see her excited about it!
 
They each got to decorate their writing notebook......
 the family picture made it on the back side?! Thanks kid!
 Her desk....'My hopes and dreams for 2nd grade is to read for 21 minutes at reading'
....Now I don't know if this is a real 'dream'....I mean, if reading time is only 20 minutes long, then how will you ever read for 21 minutes?.....but then on the other hand, if reading time is 25 minutes long, shouldn't you just be reading for the full 25 minutes?! Of course, I didn't mention my criticisms to her! :)

Wednesday we had gymnastics....Piper only got one stamp but she did good. I think her main problem is interrupting the teacher to ask questions! She is doing really well though and she seems to like it!
Thursday we decided to do nothing and I used this time and energy and just started cleaning, laundry, organizing.....NOT sitting down is the key for me to getting anything done in the evenings!

Friday we tried to have movie night at the shed. Presley picked Cinderella (the new one with real people), I knew that Piper would find it boring and all she did was talk and complain so I took her back inside. We watched a little of Mrs. Doubtfire (which they love right now!) and then she was asleep by 8 pm! Steve got Presley to bed about 9 and then he went back outside next to the fire and watched football! I stayed inside, made myself some popcorn and watched 3/4 of the movie The Martian! I really need to finish it soon, otherwise I'll forget and lose interest. And I'm bound and determined to watch our DVR'd movies! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment