Sunday, October 16, 2016

Free weekend!

 Wednesday Piper had her doc appt in the morning and then I asked to work from home in the afternoon, way easier than driving downtown for the rest of the day. It was nice and quiet, working from home is definietly not something I could do every day! Talk about boring! It was nice on this day b/c I was able to pick Piper up from daycare, we made a quick trip to Target before going to gymnastics and meeting Steve and Presley.
 
Thurday we had a small girls night for pumpkin beer at Rock Bottom, I had to miss my annual girls night with friend Nicky due to gymnastics but was able to get 6 girls together for a couple hours to chat and eat and enjoy some pumpkin beers! It was a lot of fun! Hoping we can plan another night like this soon!
That night Steve told me that Piper wasn't feeling good. UGH and she slept like crap that night too. We decided that I would work from home that morning until she woke up and see how she was doing at that time. Finally a little before 9, she woke up and fever was 102. She took some meds, chilled on the couch and I successfully kept her busy enough to NOT bother me until about 11:15. Then I just took the afternoon off to chill with her. We watched movies, she took a nap, I read my book!
 
That night we just chilled, the girls played with a lot of Piper's birthday toys, which I think Presley is enjoying more than Piper (it's a good thing that Piper is a good sharer!)
 
Saturday Piper's sleeping was NOT good again. Spending most of the night whining, moaning, crying....Steve ended up sleeping with her. We missed soccer in the morning (oh darn!) and we literally did nothing at home all day! It was pretty nice. Pretty lazy, but pretty nice. Piper took a nap about the time that Presley and I left for her swim lessons and then we ordered pizza for dinner! Steve went to watch the Cubs game and the girls and I made some popcorn watched some of Toy Story 3 and then went to sleep.
 
Unfortunately Piper's sleep was just as crappy again. Steve slept with her part of the night and then I sleep with her (though not much sleep actually happens since she whines about every 15 minutes all night long...so annoying).
 
Finally this girl lost her 3rd tooth! (It's been loose since she lost her last tooth about 6 weeks ago!) It was so obnoxious! It was hanging half way out of her mouth, yellow b/c she wouldn't brush it, it was just gross....thankfully it just fell out and we didn't have to torture her by pulling another one against her wishes!

 
We were going to head to Center Grove but since Piper wasn't feeling good we decided to not waste our time and money. We went to the Iowa Orchards which was way closer and free! There isn't nearly the amount of things to do but it was perfect for our situation and afternoon!
Presley 7 years ago! :)
 back to this year.....





 Jumping into the corn pit!
She said 'Mommy, take a picture of me tubing!' HA!
This picture is so her personality!
 That sweet smile.
 Then my baby girl who is starting to look so grown up!

 
Piper started to come down off her meds about 4, temperature spiked back up and it was too late to try to get her to nap! :(  So our free weekend is now over with one sick kid and another missing tooth!

No comments:

Post a Comment