Sunday, March 29, 2015

Weekend Update

Friday afternoon Steve took the afternoon off to clean and organize the garage....this guy has been DYING to clean his garage for weeks. So I was happy that he could get it done! That night we didn't do much, I was willing to let the girls stay up late, but they were both grouchy and just wanted to fight all night so they went to be normal time.

However, Piper decided that 6:15 was an appropriate time to get up Saturday morning, WTF? And Presley was up by 7:30. Are you kidding me? This never happens in our house! I was not a happy person. But we got up and headed out for brunch at the Market Grill (yes, Hyvee again!), we knew the Easter bunny was going to be there, kids ate free and then they could decorate easter cookies too. Presley talked up like she is going to NOT be afraid of the bunny. She said she was going to give him five, give him a hug and have her picture taken with him. NONE of that happened, we were not surprised.

We had our typical weekend afternoon, Piper napped (after an hour of fighting it), Steve finished cleaning in the garage and started smoking some meat for dinner. I did some reading and Presley did some playing.
We decided to have my parents over for dinner. The food was fantastic and it was nice to have my parents around without the rest of the family. Limits distractions and makes conversations easier! :)

The girls went to bed a little later and Piper was up before 6 am Sunday morning?! This CANNOT become a VERY bad, horrible, terrible habit! Presley was able to sleep until 8:30 and then her and Steve decided to go see the movie Home. I'm usually the one who gets to take P to movies so I thought it would be nice to have a daddy/daughter day. Piper took a nap and I did some cleaning, organizing and laundry.....and of course some more reading! My typical perfect, afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment