Thursday, March 19, 2015

Random

- I love when guys open doors for girls. This just doesn't happen enough but when it does, I notice.
- We got our car back and let me tell ya....I purposely didn't clean it inside or out b/c I knew they would! I'm sure they were appalled by the smashed goldfish and kix in the backseat. They were probably shocked at the hair ties and random toys that were finding underneath things! I hope they got some good laughs at our expense while they were cleaning it.
- I need, for once a week, someone to tell me they might come over....even if they don't. If we think they MIGHT, we'll clean and this is the best way to get our asses in gear to do a quick cleaning without thinking twice. SO I would like all of you to get together and make a schedule of who is going to come and visit us....even if you never show up just make me believe that you MIGHT! :)
- Loreal tanning wipes....big fan. I've been using them about twice a week and it just gives me just enough color to feel not-so-scary white......and they won't give me skin cancer! Big win!
http://www.lorealparisusa.com/en/Products/Skin-Care/Self-Tanner/Sublime-Bronze-Towelettes-for-Body.aspx
- Our new favorite snack.... fresh guacamole mixed with some salsa and shredded cheese. Yum!
- For the last week, we have been giving Piper melatonin before bed....and the nights that we have given it to her....she goes to sleep SO much better! Maybe it's just coincidence. I'd rather NOT give this to her (but it is all natural) but the fight for over an hour every night to get her to sleep is just not working for any of us.
- Yes, I sometimes feel bad that Presley has to go to daycare during spring break and such. It's not like she get a 'break' like some of the kids who have stay at home mom's. However, they do so many things that I'm sure she is having more fun there with her friends than she would at home with me. This week they saw the movie Cinderella, went bowling, and to Playground for Kids and tomorrow they are going to a sports league place. It's awesome and I know she'll get to do so many of these same fun things ALL summer long too so I shouldn't feel too bad!
- I've been doing some more reading. Here are the books I've read in the last 6 weeks if you are looking for something to spark your interest
  • The Silent Sister - good drama, mystery, some good twists and kept my attention. Definitely recommend it!
  • The Silent Wife (not related to the Silent Sister) - this was good, it was written in a different way that was a little hard for me to get in to. But good twists also.
  • Big Little Lies - Holy cow....yes, loved this one too! Easy read with the drama and mystery that I love!
  • The Girl on the Train - I believe this going to be movie and is along the same lines as Gone Girl. Very good, read it!
  • Hey There, Delilah - an easy reading, young romance book (hey, I had to mix it up a little!). It was good too, it's part of a series, so I'm assuming I'll read the follow up books soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment