Monday, March 9, 2015

Weekend Update

So Saturday we spent some time outside! The weather was great for melting the snow and getting some fresh air!
I got up and did my Target run and was home by 11. Piper took a nap, Presley played and complained that she was bored (are you kidding me?), Steve did some garage work, I read my book and then Steve left for Creston about 3 to watch Cross and a comedy thing. I was happy that he went to sleep by 1 am....usually when he goes back they don't go to sleep before 4! :)
Presley, Piper and I met my parents at Applebees for dinner. We never meet them out and it was nice! Of course both girls wanted to sit next to me, both girls acted like they didn't know them?! Whatever! Piper had QUITE the conversation with grandma about her dress, her shoulders and Target....ok, child!
I put Piper to bed about 7:30 and Presley fell asleep on the couch in the meantime before 8! I was able to finish my 2014 Shutterfly book and watch a little Pitch Perfect (love that movie) before I was exhausted and asleep before 10!

Sunday, with daylight savings, Piper slept until 9:30, Presley was after 10:30 (I went in to make sure she was still breathing....yes, even at 6 years old I do this!). Steve was home and took the girls outside. I did some laundry and I went thru Presley's old clothes. I found 3 totes of size 3T clothes for Piper to wear. It was so sad for me to go through! I remember Presley wearing these clothes when we sold our house, moved into our apartment and when I was prego with Piper! AHHH, WHERE DOES THE TIME GO???

Steve grilled out some steaks for dinner, which Piper is OBSESSED with! Then we decided to take a trip to Dairy Queen...you know, a celebration for the beginning of spring/summer! :)

Today I was able to take a long lunch and go watch Earlham WIN at sub-state basketball with Holly! It was so fun and very excited and even more nerve-racking.....no wonder I hate basketball....the time cannot go fast enough when you are winning!!! Derek had a good game and they play again on Thursday. Steve will be able to go on Thursday, I'm hoping for a win so I can attend the final game on Friday! Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment