Monday, October 13, 2014

You are my sunshine!

So Sunday we decided to have the Packer party at our house before Piper's birthday party.   Steve got up and started smoking some pork on his smoker, making mac and cheese and I headed to HyVee to pick up some last minute items and to Nobbies to get the balloons.  Of course, then they didn't televise the game. Oh well, we still had my family over and had some snacks while watching the Packer highlights during the other games that were on TV.
 
Then we turned the Packer party into a You are my Sunshine party....Piper's favorite song. My mom has taught both kids this song b/c my grandparents love (loved) it too.
I did step out of my comfort zone with this party theme...can't just go to Target and buy decorations or invitations..so we had to be creative, and I think it worked!
I ordered the cake from Creme Cupcakes, they did a great job and it matched identically to the paper plates and napkins we bought!
I got cookies from Confections by Kelly b/c I know my kids don't always like cake and I LOVE her cookies!
Piper was not impressed when she I opened her presents but she had just woke up from her nap too. (I was shocked she wanted to go down for a nap and that she actually slept with everyone here!)
Then we did cake....well she didn't cry, like Presley always does. But she did hide her face from everyone. Too cute!
P and Mary helped her blow out the candles.
By the time she got ice cream and cake she was a happy camper. She sat next to Grandma Kathy and was happy happy!
Cheese! (see the plate matching the cake!)
The party was a success! Piper said thank you and gave hugs to almost everyone and we were all exhausted by the time it was over, so we all went to bed early!

No comments:

Post a Comment